20 replies to this topic

#1 Robalo Web Team

Robalo Web Team

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 07:38 AM

I know there has been much discussion about this boat here on the boards..... yes the rumors are true (well most of them at least :horse:)... It does exist, and it is SAWEEEEEETTTTTT!!!!

Posted Image

More images to come when I get them!!

Enjoy!

#2 My Time Out

My Time Out

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 11:50 AM

She is beautiful. Nice big engine hanging off the transom.
My Time Out
2002 R235, Yamaha 250 HPDI

#3 Robalo Web Team

Robalo Web Team

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 12:20 PM

She is beautiful. Nice big engine hanging off the transom.

Yeah, that's a 350 Yamaha on the boat photographed.

#4 Bayrat

Bayrat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 08:23 PM

Yeah, that's a 350 Yamaha on the boat photographed.

Very nicely done!

#5 GangSarge

GangSarge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 03:28 PM

Hello, all. Just got home from seeing one in person, and joined the forum looking for info on it. I'm surprised to see so little feedback....am I one of the first to see one?

In short....this boat is spectacular. The one I saw was loaded. Yam 350, hard-top, electronics, and a real cool double seat that swivels....hard to describe, but cool. The dealer was running a Labor day weekend open house, and had it priced @ $93K or so.

Beautiful, beautiful boat.

#6 GangSarge

GangSarge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 08:44 PM

BTW....I also found a video on youtube. Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=c4DGsTx2h2s

#7 Robalo Web Team

Robalo Web Team

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 09:42 AM

GangSarge,
As a matter of fact you are likely one of the first to see this boat. Actually.... the one you saw was very possibly the same exact boat you see in the photo above!

#8 Ginghy R227

Ginghy R227

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 07:15 PM

Help me out as an owner of an R227, where'd they put the extra 2' on the R247?

#9 Robalo Web Team

Robalo Web Team

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 09:01 AM

Help me out as an owner of an R227, where'd they put the extra 2' on the R247?

Actually..... comparing the 247 to the 227 is not really even a fair comparison.... Even though they are both considered 'Dual Console' boats, that's where the similarity ends. The R247 is a complete re-design from the ground up.

I guess basically what I'm trying to say is this.... you ask where the 2' is...? Well, it's EVERYWHERE! This boat has 2' more of everything! :rolleyes:

#10 GangSarge

GangSarge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 09:57 AM

Actually..... comparing the 247 to the 227 is not really even a fair comparison.... Even though they are both considered 'Dual Console' boats, that's where the similarity ends. The R247 is a complete re-design from the ground up.

I guess basically what I'm trying to say is this.... you ask where the 2' is...? Well, it's EVERYWHERE! This boat has 2' more of everything! :rolleyes:

Perfect answer. My wife and I walked around both boats within a few minutes of each other and the 247 felt so much bigger. Like I said, I went to the dealer not even knowing about the 247, and actually was shopping the 227. After getting on it, my wife and I agreed it was a little smaller than we'd hoped, and I was disappointed, because I really liked everything else about the 227....fit, finish, looks....everything. Then I sadly said to the salesman "...damn, its a shame they don't have a bigger one...". Our original plans were to get something this year in the $60-70K range, but now we are going to wait a little bit and go big. Very impressive boat.

#11 The Izzy B

The Izzy B

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 11:27 AM

I have a 227 and saw the 247 at the Houston Boat show. Nice looking boat, I liked the hardtop with the radio and lights installed. The addition of a sink in the lav in nice. However, The captian's chair felt weak and unstable. Would perfer a locker for the anchor like the one in the 227, I can already hear the anchor and chain banging around on the bow of the 247. Also missed the huge ice box under the back to back seat on the 227. The 247 needs one larger fish box. I would like to see the entire transom a fish box and put the live well behind the captians chair. Over all I like the hard top and the F350 engine make this a real nice boat, if i didnot already owne the 227 I would buy the 247.

#12 Wes

Wes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 09:19 PM

We purchased the 247 at the Houston Boat Show and took delivery in February. We love the boat. I think we may be the first owners. This is our first power boat. We have been sailors for years and decided we needed a general purpose family boat to use along the coastal waters from Houston to Corpus Christi. She is currently at Clear Lake until we find time to motor her down to the Port Aransas - Rockport area. We have two High School age boys who are looking forward to using her for cruising, fishing and water sports. The layout is perfect for the family. The double rotating seat works great for cruising and when at anchor. There is plenty of space for a family of 4 to spread out and lounge. The hard top makes the boat. Add the enclosure and she rides dry in the rain and wind free, a very comfortable combination.

#13 Florida R227

Florida R227

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 05:30 PM

Congrats on the new boat. Post some pictures and performance stats when you can.

#14 Sarandre

Sarandre

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 04:15 PM

We purchased the 247 at the Houston Boat Show and took delivery in February. We love the boat. I think we may be the first owners. This is our first power boat. We have been sailors for years and decided we needed a general purpose family boat to use along the coastal waters from Houston to Corpus Christi. She is currently at Clear Lake until we find time to motor her down to the Port Aransas - Rockport area. We have two High School age boys who are looking forward to using her for cruising, fishing and water sports. The layout is perfect for the family. The double rotating seat works great for cruising and when at anchor. There is plenty of space for a family of 4 to spread out and lounge. The hard top makes the boat. Add the enclosure and she rides dry in the rain and wind free, a very comfortable combination.

Please do post some pictures. I recently saw what was reported to be hull #1 at D&R in New Jersey, and have ordered one. I would like to know which options you selected, and what power you chose. Good luck with this lovely boat.
Sarandre

#15 Mark R247

Mark R247

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 12:19 PM

Hello follow members, My wife and I Bought a new R247 at the AC boat show February 8th 09 and Can"t wait till the boat comes in. Got boat with hard top and deep water blue. We like to fish and play so this boat will cover all our needs! We saw alot of DC boats At the show but the robalo R227 and R247 blew away all the other DC boats. Looks like I will miss the spring run of stripers and drum in delaware bay but can"t wait to try the fall run for stripers! Gald to join the Robalo team. Your new friend Mark!

Attached Files

#16 txpitdog

txpitdog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 06:46 AM

We have looked at the 247 as a possible solution to our quest to find a family oriented boat that will also handle the Gulf of Mexico out to 50 miles. On the Robalo site, everything appears good, but after checking out the video on YouTube, I'm not sure whether the hull design is truly intended for offshore. I realize its not supposed to be a center console fishing machine, but can this boat handle the blue water? Or is this more of a nearshore / big comfy bay boat?

Its a beautiful boat, and we really like the versatility, but if I can't get it offshore for fishing, then we'll have to keep looking.

#17 Lee

Lee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Interests:Fishing

Posted 21 June 2009 - 08:03 PM

We have looked at the 247 as a possible solution to our quest to find a family oriented boat that will also handle the Gulf of Mexico out to 50 miles. On the Robalo site, everything appears good, but after checking out the video on YouTube, I'm not sure whether the hull design is truly intended for offshore. I realize its not supposed to be a center console fishing machine, but can this boat handle the blue water? Or is this more of a nearshore / big comfy bay boat?

Its a beautiful boat, and we really like the versatility, but if I can't get it offshore for fishing, then we'll have to keep looking.

It appears to have the same hull as the R240. If it does, you have no worries about blue water. I have the R240 and fish the east coast of Florida several times a month. I fish 30 to 50 miles offshore in as much as 2000' of water. No problems. As with any small boat you have to watch the weather carefully as it can cause trouble for even the largest fishing boats.
2007 R240 Deepwater Black
Twin Yamaha 150's

#18 Sarandre

Sarandre

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 08:27 PM

Friends:

The R247 is far bigger than the R227. I know, because I have now owned both boats. My R247 splashed this past week, and I thank Robalo's Earl Blackwell for allowing my hull to be entirely gel coated in black. The goal was to give the boat a Downeast look.

I have now added a white boot stripe, a green bottom, and a florentine gold stripe and graphics. I bought the boat unrigged, and have an Evinrude E-Tec 300. Sarandre hits 40 with ease, and Evinrude's Icon controls put this boat firmly into the fly-by-wire age.

The R247 is super in rough water and steady at rest, as was my R227. There is greater freeboard than on the 227, a nice head, and a great layout. You certainly can take this offshore.

Enjoy the ride,
Sarandre

Attached File  Sarandre_III_for_e_mail_1.jpg   69.4K   87 downloads Attached File  Sarandre.jpg   71.3K   68 downloads

#19 Florida R227

Florida R227

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 07:51 PM

Very Sharp looking.

#20 DBV

DBV

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 08:59 PM

I have been considering buying one of these R247, but have never seen one in person. Closest dealer is a long ways away. Around us, in Lake Erie, don't see many Robalo's on the water, but they look like really nice boats. Are these comparable or better than the Grady or Edgewater Dual Consoles? Also, have looked at bowrider boats - Formula and Cobalts. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users