All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. PJ

Best engine for 160?

70 works well. h2o.nhk is spot on I get same.
  3. Yesterday
  4. Wesley8808

2005 227 Top Speeds

15M x 14 1/2. I really can't believe the difference. I had a full tank of gas and just me when I ran last time. This weekend I should be out on it a ton and will see how the performance holds up and make sure it was over excitement on my part! haha.
  5. Jimbos jumbos

float switch /bilge pumps.

Mine did the same after my first ride. Not knowing any better, I disconnected the batteries to get it to stop. Then I discovered the float was getting stuck on the bilge. Had it replaced and haven’t had any issues since
  6. evoorhees

Ignition Fuse location

Thanks, I’ll take a look tomorrow in the day light.
  7. haz

Ignition Fuse location

Try looking just forward of the battery switch, mounted on the same vertical star board surface, you should see a 50-amp fuse in a holder with a clear plastic cover... Good luck!
  8. Last week
  9. evoorhees

Ignition Fuse location

2013 Robalo r200! Someone hooked up one of my batteries with opposite polarity. When I had the switch on battery 1 it turned over perfectly. When I switched to battery 2 it didn't turnover. I checked battery two and they hooked it up backwards. Then when I switched back to battery 1 the engine wouldn't turnover. all the electronics work, but the ignition doesn't do anything. Is there a fuse or a breaker for the ignition? if so, where is it? Thanks evoorhees
  10. haz

Trim Tab Fault as Startup

Lenco LED Indicator Switch troubleshooting guide (PDF download) Good luck!
  11. FullThrottle

R207 modifications

Same as here: 71 miles to the Gulf Stream and deep water. I haven't taken it that far yet, but more because I haven't had time when it was worth going that far. Strange year for fishing. In North Carolina my son-in-law, so far has only caught 1 tuna in 3 trips. Normal years he be giving tuna away because his freezer would be full. I'm hoping that up here in Virginia we get some better numbers when the stream moves closer. To make my wife feel better about going out that far I added a Garmin inReach to my ditch bag. Sea Tow has said if I text/email them they'll come out 100 miles to bring me back in. The satellite texting/emailing via the inReach helps with non-critical issues and I have a PLB for critical problems. I also added a set of tools and emergency repair items to the boat. When I had the 28' Albemarle I got a crack in the hull. Not all the way through, but it had to go back to the factory for repairs. The boat would have sunk in minutes if that crack had opened up. So much for dual engines and dual fuel tanks, etc. All you can do is try to be prepared. Do your maintenance, check the boat, make sure your bilge pump(s) work and have the right safety and maintenance equipment onboard. Good luck with whatever boat you go with. We also looked at the Scout, but the one we were interested in had a 6 month backlog before we could get one, so it wasn't seriously considered as we wanted a boat before summer was over.
  12. Boatdogz

R207 modifications

Thanks. I liked the Sailfish but-and please no offense meant-my wife thought it looked a little clunky in the showroom. (We also we’re comparing it to a Scout in the showroom which is a lovely boat though way out of my price range.). We decided to stick with Robalo although I still have not pulled the trigger. Are you taking the Sailfish offshore at this point? How far? I’m in South Jersey. It’s 70 miles to deep water. I hate mixed feedback on taking a 24’ boat that far out...
  13. Kturner

Thanks! I know it runs automatically but wasn't sure why it was continuously running for no reason. Ill reach out to the local robalo dealer.
  14. RickR160

Bilge is supposed to be wired to run with the battery switch off, how else could it bail the boat in a slip? Yes, Robalo's warranty should cover replacing the switch, but you have to go through a Robalo dealer.
  15. RickR160

What does Lenco say? http://www.lencomarine.com/index.php/lenco-marine-contact-us
  16. FullThrottle

R207 modifications

Boatdogz, I'll try to shorten a long story. My wife bought me an 28' Albemarle and she and the grandkids never liked it (great boat for catching tuna offshore). Got the R207 because I was retiring and planned to do most of my fishing close to shore. However, I ended up 40 or more miles offshore fairly often and we decided on a larger boat. I was ready to pull the trigger on the R247, but my wife had fallen in love with the Sailfish. It was her turn to pick the boat and it's a great boat and now we can take the whole family out and have plenty of seating and comfort. The fishing part of the boat is good with one drawback, no gunwale rod storage due to the extra seating. Otherwise, it has a good live well, good size fish boxes and room to fish with the seats closed up. I've only taken it out once in 4+ foot very steep waves, but it handled them fine although uncomfortable as you can imagine. I try to avoid those type waves (and storms), but I took it out in them intentionally to ensure that if caught offshore in a sudden thunderstorm it could handle it, and that I could handle the boat.
  17. Kturner

So, I discovered the other day my battery was dead in my R160CC (2016). I've had this boat for two years does not even have 100 hrs on it. But when i went to replace the battery even with the battery switch off, the bilge pump ran continuously and I couldn't get it to stop? Idk if something is wrong with the wiring or the float switch but has this happened to any one else and does Robalo warranty cover this?
  18. AO

2005 227 Top Speeds

Nice! I thought you were going to leave us hanging. lol Glad it worked out Wesley.
  19. AO

R207 modifications

Ah, I see what you mean. I was originally interested in the 'Get Wet Organizer' that comes on a variety of colors, but then decided on the mesh pocket. My mistake. They got them in white too. Organizer
  20. Boatdogz

R207 modifications

Curious about the Sailfish 245. Looked at this boat-well featured for sure and lots of seating. Did you look at the Robalo 24’ DC? If so, what was the deciding factor to go Sailfish?
  21. FullThrottle

R207 modifications

I don't have enough space left to upload much on this site, so you'll have to check at the other forum. Here is a list I posted there for R207 improvements: http://robaloboatowners.net/forums/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=6835 Another for underwater LED installation: http://robaloboatowners.net/forums/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=7087 I posted other information over on that site as well, but none were PDFs. and you just have to look through the Dual Console section to find the information. Since selling the R207 last summer I've been spending time on the new Sailfish doing the same type of improvements and then some (autopilot, outriggers, radar, etc.) Seems you can always find things to make the boat more 'your boat'. Like with the R207, now I'm running out of room for further improvements! So my new list of improvements is very small and most are to make better use of the available space on the boat.
  22. Sleary167

2005 227 Top Speeds

Good info, do you have what the prop specs(dimensions) were? Glad it went well.
  23. Wesley8808

2005 227 Top Speeds

So I FINALLY got around to changing my prop. Took it for a short test drive back to the lift from the ramp other day. And all I can say is WOW! What a difference. The ride was a bit choppy and I didn't get to fully test out the performance but night and day so far. The motor even sounds quieter that with the old prop. I took off the SWS prop and put on a Reliance. My RPMs finally got into the 5000 range topping off at 5800 WOT. Speed went from low low 30s to 42 mph. I am super satisfied.
  24. Blue Crab

R207 modifications

Nice, thanks for sharing, not too crazy about the color choices (tan or black) since my boat has deepwater blue vinyl, but a great solution. I'll have to look for some in white.
  25. AO

R207 modifications

Just added a couple of mesh pockets next to the front seats. They're good quality, made for boat use, and use snads to attach. So no drilling. Pretty inconspicuous spot and perfect for smaller items like cell phones, wallets, keys, snacks, etc. I thought about adding a glove box, but these are working great for us. They sell different colors, sizes, and options. https://www.organizedobie.com/Net-Pockets
  26. NJ R245

I'm having issues with my Lenco trim tabs not setting properly at startup. I get the xmas tree lights at the controls. My mechanic said its due to low voltage. However I still get the error with fresh batteries charged. He couldn't figure it out. When I purchased the boat it had a deep cycle and a starter battery and I did not have this problem. Subsequently, the Robalo dealer told me I should be using two starting batteries. This is what I now have. Anyone else have this issue?
  27. MB19565

Switch Panel Electrical Issue- Where to Start?

I think you might be right. I replaced mine last year after it split in half. Right around the same time this all started happening I thought one of bartteries died. Took it out put it on the charger and it was fine. Reinstalled it this morning and it was “Dead”. I wiggled the battery switch ever so slightly and sure enough it came right on. I will say no amount of wiggling seemed to impact the low powered courtesy lights. Regardless, I think my next move is to swap out the battery switch again. Which I am dreading but thinking it might be easier second time around. Thanks for all all the posts and suggestions I appreciate it. I’ll keep this updated, especially if I solve this mystery!
  28. AO

Yamaha Fuel Water Separating Filter

Installed the fuel water separator kit recently. The hardest part was access. If anyone is thinking of installing a fuel water separator kit in a R207/200, the holes needed are already pre-drilled with t-nuts installed from the factory. So that made it much easier. I only had to drill one hole for a hose clamp. Haz, I had to return that merc filter. I would've had to figure out a way to install the bracket a few inches higher to make it fit. Thanks anyway though. I've used these sierra filters on previous boats without issue. Sure am happy that it's on now. If I knew that the boat was going to come without one, I would have negotiated the dealer installing one. Fun project though. List of items used: Sierra International 18-7777 Stainless Steel Fuel Water Separator Bracket Sierra International 18-7945 10 Micron Fuel Water Separating Filter 2 - Brass Hose Fitting, Adapter, 3/8" Barb x 1/4" NPT Male Pipe 4 - Stainless Hose Clamps, 5/16" - 7/8" 2 - 1/4"-20 x 1 1/2" stainless screws w/nuts (buy extras just in case one drops in the bilge) Permatex 56521 High Performance Thread Sealant (Do not use white teflon tape on fuel fittings) One inch stainless hose clamp/holder (optional for cleaner look)
  1. Load more activity