All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. Sam427

upholstery stickiness ? plasticizer migration

I have the same upholstery as the OP, never had a problem until this spring when I cleaned the boat, and it looks exactly the same. Hmmm.
  3. Mstr2u

upholstery stickiness ? plasticizer migration

My 2016 R200 had the same problem as others have mentioned in this thread: Discolored portions of vinyl, stickiness, and deterioration. Based on the information I gathered from this group, I decided to send a letter to Robalo addressing this issue. In return, I received a call from their headquarters in Tennessee confirming that they would replace all vinyl on the boat while admitting there was contamination in the material in 2015-6. I picked the boat up from my local service department today...all vinyl replaced (including gunnel pads, bow cushions, and backrests) free of charge. To help others in the group assess their own boat, I've attached photos of the original vinyl mess.
  4. JimKav

R207 Drink Holder/Tray for Head Compartment

I agree what a great idea. have you been able to make any progress I would love to do the same on my R207
  5. kingrex

Battery Switch Problems

These Add a Battery switches are quite robust. Spent a lot of hours terminating ends. Its starting to look real good. I have all my wiring in the CC now. In my mind a much better place. I used the load side ACR wirng. Added 3 x 50A CB that were never there. I feel this is a more dry, well balanced location to land batteries and terminate wiring. No water. Not unless I flood my boat all the way from transom to the top of the floor, my batteries are on a small stand terminating just under the floor deck height. If I flood to that level, I figure I'm going down or the boats going to flip over.
  6. Grunt

R180 Bait Tank

Kman, I would be interested to know where you had the bait tank installed as well as the back rest mod. I'm guessing you live on the west coast, I wouldn't mind checking out the install if possible. I'm in the north San Diego area.
  7. Last week
  8. Bob Landry

R227 windshield Bimini attachment bracket

If you can't tow the boat with the bimini wrapped up and covered with the boot on it, then someone needs to go back to the drawing board. I'm lucky, I have a great aluminum and canvas on my lake that does all of my fabrication stuff. Secondly, why would anyone think that a windshield fame would be strong enough to support a bimini, even folded up and cases?
  9. Bob Landry

Recommendation for Rear View Mirror - R200

Nope.. Bimini. A t-top would be easy
  10. Wright

R227 windshield Bimini attachment bracket

Just took my new r227 out for the first time and had the Bimini top break off driving down the road after boating. Dealer let me leave the dealership with it up, but folded. Also, not very happy
  11. Wright

Passenger seat R227

I folded up the passenger seat/dual seat/covering the cooler and can't get it down. Is there a release somewhere I can't find?
  12. Sam427

2013 R180 T Top Entenna mounting

I have the same setup as ba_fisher, mine is mounted at the front though. I mounted it just off center so it clears the light in the back when the antenna is down.
  13. Sam427

Recommendation for Rear View Mirror - R200

Will it have a T-top?
  14. Sam427

Battery Switch Problems

Kingrex, my boat came with Interstate 24M-XHD , I think they are pretty good batteries, as my boat sat for a year and a half due to some surgery and it fired right up when I replaced the switch. These batteries were not tended to over that year and a half, I was pretty impressed. I bought the same thing to go back in it.
  15. Sam427

Battery Switch Problems

After what happened I purchased an extra switch to keep onboard and the tools to replace it. The boat appears to be charging both batteries, I took it to the lake last weekend and one of the old batteries was 11.8 volts(the one I thought may be bad), it is now 12.35 volts. I guess I didn't need batteries after all, but they were getting a little old. I guess if you got in a bad situation and were stuck you could connect one of the battery cables to the output terminal to get you home? You just need a stub length 9/16" combo wrench. Thanks for the help.
  16. kingrex

Battery Switch Problems

Haz - Awesome downloads. Thanks. I called my local Yamaha service center, they are very respected here in WA. They told me they prefer the Add a battery so I continued on that path. I really don't know which is better. When done I can take some pictures of what I have done. In short, i was able to undo all the electrical fasteners in the bilge area. I pulled everything into the back seat. I then moved the main battery and the accessories battery into the front CC. Probably the biggest cost was the #1 AWG Ancor marine wire I used to extend the starter cable. Robalo has a couple mounting platforms in the upper part of the CC that are perfect to mount the switch, ACR and 3 CB I added. I am not done, but very happy with how it's going. I am building a small platform that keep the batteries off the floor so they never submerge. Of course its overkill. If I have that much water, I'm in big trouble. Still can't help myself. I'm anal. At the moment I'm toiling over what the second battery will be, and how large. Wet, gel AMG, duel purpose. Such first world stress. I'm leaning to duel purpose AMG,
  17. I have a R200 ordered with the fixed windshield, no grab bar. I'm currently using a mirror and Ram Mount(which I hate) attached to the grab bar. Obviously this setup isn't going to work on the R200. I guess I'm probably looking at some kind od console mount but I hav't found anything that looks suitable. This is going to be a recreation boat, tubing, knee-boarding etc, so I need the mirror to be 7X14" to be compliant. Any suggestions, I know I won't be able to attach anything to the plastic windshield and the pictures I've seen of the 200 do not show any kind of support frame around the windshield.
  18. Bob Landry

Battery Switch Problems

A short #6 wire jumper with a couple of alligator clips is cheap insurance.
  19. haz

Battery Switch Problems

Sam427: Glad to hear your superior repair skills are confirmed by the wiring being properly attached, though it's disappointing that you appear to have a bad-from-the-box switch. There have been a couple of reports here of revised design switches operationally failing. If you purchased it locally, the seller might provide you a replacement because of the switch's immediately failed condition, and/or you could contact Blue Sea Systems to receive a no-cost replacement and a reimbursement for the cost of the faulty replacement switch that's presently installed. Your second question is somewhat addressed in my response to kingrex. Yamaha 150 HP and above outboards contain circuitry that can sense and maintain two separate batteries, as long as an optional Isolator Lead cable is used. After startup, the Yamaha automatically charges the #1 Starting battery first, then once #1 is fully charged, charging is switched over to #2 House battery until both batteries are fully charged. In kingrex's case, his single-battery R180 did not have an Isolator Lead installed at the Robalo factory and he is seeking to install an aftermarket device that essentially duplicates the built-in Yamaha capability without purchasing the optional Yamaha cabling. Good luck!
  20. Sam427

Battery Switch Problems

Something else that doesn't make much sense to me is the owners manual says on switch one, it will charge both batteries when the engine is running, how does it do that?
  21. Sam427

Battery Switch Problems

Haz, thanks for the suggestion. I checked one and two and the have voltage, the out has no voltage with the switch off. I checked the output when switched to 1, no voltage. Switched to 2 the output has voltage. I was checking all the lights the other night and playing with the switch, I noticed when I went from 1 to off, there was a very small area where it made connection, because the radio would light up. Is this a bad switch out of the box or could something else be going on?
  22. haz

Battery Switch Problems

kingrex: Because you are an electrical professional, this external forum discussion may be helpful to you, as well as pages 3-3 & 12-10 & 12-11 in the 2013 R180/R200 Owners Manual (PDF download) and page 15 in the 2013 R180 Parts Manual (PDF download) which mentions this Yamaha part which is installed with Robalo's two-battery option, or possibly page 4-17 in the Yamaha Rigging & Parts Catalog (PDF download). Quote from Yamaha's website under the "Don't Forget The Batteries" tab, [with emphasis added]: Consider “house batteries” to power accessories. Most large Yamaha outboards (150hp and up) have separate battery isolator/charging leads specifically for this purpose. The outboard’s [built-in] Dual Charge Monitoring System, with proper wiring, will first send charging voltage from the stator to the starting battery/batteries to help keep the voltage up and ready to go. Once fully charged, the outboard will automatically “switch” the charge to the house battery/batteries. Good luck!
  23. Bob Landry

2019 R160 Wiring

Are you trying to solve a specific issue? Marine wiring is pretty generic across the board, and Robalo does a really neat job of routing everything. You shpould be able to track down a specific circuit.
  24. Haz,

You mentioned the "2018 R160 Parts Manual" in one of your posts. Where does one find this?

1. haz

haz

Weakfish: I have Forum messaged you a reply.

Good luck!

25. weakfish

2019 R160 Wiring

I think the answer is no. I posted the same question on this forum (and other forums) a few weeks back when I was having problems with my 12 V Accessory plug. If you go to the Robalo site you can find some diagrams under "Panel Kits" for older model boats but there's nothing for the R160. It appears Robalo has moved toward having their customers go through their dealers for basically everything. Problem for me is my dealer is 2 hours away! After studying the back of my R160 (2018 boat) switch panel I realized Robalo had wired this breaker wrong and was able to easily fix it. I also got some useful feedback from some others on the forum. I also had a nav light go out on my console which I had my dealer get for me from Robalo. They are mailing it to me to install myself at my request. Tried to get my dealer to order me a new bracket for my folding windshield (threads are stripped) but that one they are making me bring back in for repairs. Frustrating when you have to keep going back to the dealer for stupid little things you can fix yourself! Yesterday I found that my left tail light on my trailer is out. I probably could have gotten this through my dealer as well but decided to just order one on the Coyote website. Your best bet is to just post specific questions to this and other sites (e.g., The Hull Truth) to troubleshoot any issues/questions you have. As an aside, I'm also relatively new to the group only because every time I tried to join I hit a dead end and Robalo would not reply to requests for help. So it has basically taken me a year to join!
  26. kingrex

Battery Switch Problems

Mine is a nightmare. I am trying to use an Add a Battery and I don't have a long enought lead from the motor. I am thinking I need to drill the mounting plate to get it into the seat compartment. I am not happy all my main bonds and grounds are so far in they are out of sight. This wiring had to happen before the top was mounted on the boat. Does not seem a smart way to approach things to me.
  27. haz

Battery Switch Problems

Sorry Sam427, I overlooked your post, and the quoted comments I offered were in reply to kingrex's post. However, now that you mention it, battery switch access on your R200 is vastly better than what we R180 owners have to deal with... From the operative/inoperative symptoms you describe as occurring after installing your R200's new switch and new batteries, I believe you may have reattached the three cables onto the switch in this way... ...whereby the following occurs based upon the Switch Position: Switch Position "Off": Terminal 1, Terminal 2, Terminal Output are not connected = Inoperative Result; Switch Position "1": Terminal 1 connects to Terminal Output = Inoperative Result because Output Cable is not energized; Switch Position "2": Terminal 2 connects to Terminal Output = Operative Result because Output Cable is energized by Battery Cable #2; Switch Position "1+2": All Terminals connected = Operative Result because Output Cable is energized by Battery Cables #1 & #2. If you have a multi-meter or a 12-volt test light -- with the switch in the "Off" position -- check and see if the switch's "Output" terminal is hot. If so, then it's a Battery Cable on the "Output" terminal that likely needs to move to the "2" terminal. Good luck!
  1. Load more activity