Jimbos jumbos

Push button switches

I have noticed that Ronaldo finally switched (pun??). From the old toggle helm switch, to the stainless push button switch. So I want to make the change.  I purchased some from amazon. The feel solid. We’re priced great. But the actual button is tiny. 

so I am curious. Does anyone have a 2019 with the push switches.  Can you tell me the actual size of the button portion (that pushes in). Do they light up when pushed in, or when the courtesy lights come on?

I own a 2019 R222EX and from what I can see, most of the electrical systems on this boat (battery switch, Voltage Relay, battery charger, trim tabs, etc.) come from the corporation that owns Blue Seas, Marinco, Ancor, etc. So using their pushbutton switches should work well. The main difference is the Blue Seas switches are lighted but those on the R222EX are not.

I did look around to see if someone sells non-lighted stainless pushbuttons and found EAO. They have both lit and unlit. They look very similar and come in different sizes. They also have drawings with dimensions.

1 hour ago, Jersey Shore said:

I own a 2019 R222EX and from what I can see, most of the electrical systems on this boat (battery switch, Voltage Relay, battery charger, trim tabs, etc.) come from the corporation that owns Blue Seas, Marinco, Ancor, etc. So using their pushbutton switches should work well. The main difference is the Blue Seas switches are lighted but those on the R222EX are not.

I did look around to see if someone sells non-lighted stainless pushbuttons and found EAO. They have both lit and unlit. They look very similar and come in different sizes. They also have drawings with dimensions.

Can you measure your switch. The actual part that gets pushed in.  The switches I bought are small. 12mm for the button that gets pushed in. 

The boat is all wrapped up for winter. From what I remember the button is the size of my index finger, about 17mm. I can push in without touching sides.

This is consistent with a 22mm (7/8") hole.

I do have a picture (too large to upload) but I compared the 12v DC plug hole size 1 1/8" to the switch and width of the button including the bezel is 25MM (~1") which also is consistent with 22mm EAO switch. See drawing.

So 12mm sounds small.

Drawing1.pdf

I have the push buttons and think they’re pretty flimsy—have dents in some of the more used buttons and I haven’t been doing anything abnormal with them. They also don’t light up so it’s easy to forget that things are left on when pulling back to the dock. I’m actually looking to swap mine out for some that light up when depressed. 

I was able to get a look at the switches. They are made by "BLUEWATER". Seemed to be rated for 5A as anything circuit breaker above that has a relay. I can't seem to find a place to buy them though. Since their site indicates they only make light switches, they may be making these switches for ROBALO. They come with a harness plug so make sure it fits new switch or you'll need to add connectors to each wire.

Switches.jpg