Jim202EX

12” display on 202 EX

Hi all, I have a 2019 202 EX with Garmin 742xs. My question is, has anyone mounted a 12” display on your R200 or 202ex? I know a 9” display will fit bit not sure about a 12”. 

C586C45A-A3FD-4606-82AB-C10AB0AF45E9.jpeg

Edited by Jim202EX
Photo

A 12" will not fit unless to relocate the stereo head unit.  I have a R200 on order and was going to mount a 10" but it had the same issue. It looked like it would fit, but because the console has the two recessed storage bins on the top they restrict the depth of anything you would want to mount near the top edge of the console.  The 12" Garmin GPSMAP 8412 has a mounting depth of almost 3 inches which would run into the storage bins if mounted near the top of the console.  I ended up going with the Garmin GPSMAP 942 which will fit without any special modifications.

I have a 2013 R180 and I put a GPSMAP 1242 in my console.  Its a tight fit but it works fine.  You can print the template for mounting off Garmins website.  The top of the Garmin tilts back ever so slightly.  Thats enough when its up pretty high on the console it fits under the recessed storage bins.  Heck, I even added a Voltage meter to monitor my 2 banks of batteries under the Yamaha gauges.  You have a lot more room on there than you think.