Cap't Matt

Robalo R180 Cooler

New proud owner of a 2014 R180!!  Just filling in some of the blanks left behind by the previous owner.  Boat did not come with the factory cooler.

Has anyone tried to replace the cooler under the lean post?  it is listed as a Coleman 70qt Extreme Marine, but everywhere I have looked it appears they have changed the style of that cooler since the boat was built and the dimensions of the newer version cooler doesn't fit the chocks installed in the floor of the boat.  i managed to find one on Amazon and the picture displayed was the EXACT cooler, but when it arrived it was the newer version (and I'm pretty ticked off because I overpaid for this believing it was the right one).

Anyone??

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Found via web search, the lower shell of this Coleman 70qt Extreme Marine (link to seller) looks identical to cooler Robalo provided with our R180, though this one is blue...

COLEMAN_70_Quart_Xtreme_Cooler_ICE_BOX__

...while our cooler is all-white...

col70qtmarinecooler.jpg

Seller contact info (link to page) may allow you to verify it's the cooler you're looking for, but be aware that the address mentioned is a mailbox store (map link), not a retail store, so be cautious -- I have no experience with this seller.

Good luck!

Thanks fellas!  I will be sure to check this out. As I mentioned I found one that was correct I n the picture but the one that arrived was incorrect. 

we are on the water enjoying it right now!

CAD91579-577E-45F1-A747-A235BE3D311A.jpeg

Cap't Matt: Congrats on your new-to-you R180, and welcome to the Forum!

We did not consider the T-top when we ordered our Robalo.

We had a bimini and enclosure custom-made for our R180, due to our desire to color coordinate the canvas with the boat.

This past post (link to discussion) contains photos and more info on our custom bimini.

If you enter 'R180 T-top' into the Forum Search function, you'll find several Forum members who have at least considered an aftermarket T-top for their R180.

Good luck!

On the cooler subject, move the chalks on the floor to fit whatever cooler you want..  Its a couple screws.  Put some marine caulk in the old holes if you want.  The old penetrations go right to the bilge.

UPDATE: after much research and searching (and endless measuring) I found my solution. This cooler gives Yeti performance at a fraction of the price. 

The Magellan 50 fits perfectly under the seat and only had to move the front chocks to accommodate the fit in the floor. I actually took the back ones out to caulk the holes because there was no evidence that had ever been done. Comes complete with a basket and was on sale for $100!  

Hello Capt Matt. Wife gave me a Yetti 65 for Christmas and not sure if it fits under the seat/leaning post on my 2017 R180. The boat is  shrink wrapped for the season. The width at the top of the Yetti is 30 5/8 ". Its between 1/2" to 3/8" wider than your Magellan 50. The other 2 dimensions are not a problem and very similar to your cooler.Judging by your pic it looks ok. What is the distance between the pipes supporting the seat (will it fit) ? 

congrats on the R180,... Love mine ! ...glad you found a cooler,.

..I'm thinking moving up to a cobia 240...only for company and room,.. new one's are rock quality solid hull.