kingrex

Garmin GPSMap 1242 in R180

Anyone fit a Garmin 12" display in the R180.  I have a 2013.  It looks real tight, but might just work.  Would love to hear someone else made it fit.  My issue is the height.  I have plenty of horizontal space.  Thanks

1. Go to Garmin's sight.

2. Download the cutout template for the graph your looking at

3.Print it out. Make sure it prints at 100%.

4. Cut it out and see if it fits.

I have the template download.  Its a tight fit.  I may just ask Semperfifishing if he will take an exchange if it does not fit.  If no one has installed one, I need to hold one in my hand, put it face down on the console and trace it.  Then put the cut template in the trace, then drill tiney holes to ensure clearances.  I just hate returning product.   Want to hear it's been done.

If you move the radio and the phone/ iPod mount you should have room, how tall is the unit?

What radio and phone.  I have obtained a template and had it printed at kinkos.  It's a tight fit.  I was actually thinking of building a 1/2" thick acrylic stand off and adhering it to my dash with adhesive cailk and maybe a couple screws.

I'm pretty sure it will fit i I just open a big hole.  It's a little nerve wracking cutting a 9"x14 " hole on the dash.  A owner this weekend law on a tuna trip told me to not worry about it. The whole can always be covered with a carbon fiber plate and we'll look awesome that way too.

I'm going to go for the 12".  Its 9" tall and 14" wide.  It will fit.  I am also getting the GT51 and GT41 transducers.  I was also thinking of a thru hull transducer for images at speed but I get all squeamish about drilling my hull.  Anyone put a through hull in?  Any words of advise?  What did you use.  Where did  you mount it and does it work at 30 mph?

Thanks