Bob Landry

R200 Came Today

Delivered today and it's being rigged. Pick it up Saturday morning. I measured the open area on the face of the console and it MIGHT be big enough for the 7" Garmin. :{ I guess Robalo figures that if you don't order their option it will not be used for anything else. I was hoping to be able to use something bigger.

Now I'm thinking about something like a Balzout mount and just use one of my Humminbird Helix 12s and just remove it when it's not needed. Oh well, it gives me a reason to not cut a hole in the console.

All in all it's a pretty nice boat.

I have a 2018 R200 and had no problem flush mounting a 9” Raymarine Axiom. The Robalo sticker over the steering wheel will peel off. I just put to on the steering column.  I tried to add a picture but the file is larger than allowed. pM me and I can send pictures 

I measured between the radio on the left side and the gauges on the right.

I have templates for the 7 & 8" Garmins. I'll use them to check to see what will fit when I get the boat.

I just posted.  I'm trying to fit a 12".

And, congratulations.  I have had my R180 for about 3 months now.  Been on the water about 10 times and every time love it more and more.  I fish it hard.  Amazing boat.  If your a fisherman I did one necessary mod in my mind.  I pulled the scupper covers from the thru deck and put a 2" short turn 90* PVC fitting with a female end and an inside male end.  It fits perfect in the hole.  It now washes fish guts and blood right out of the boat.  Best mod of any I made.  If you want to see more send me a PM and I will advance photos and how to cut and insert the 90* fitting.  But really, its a pretty darn nice boat as is.

We fish structure a ton, so we spend a lot of time looking at the MFD.  Not liking to look down and lose situational awareness, I bracket mounted the 12”  MFD where the compass was. Ya, lost some storage and the compass, but it works for me. I have plenty of backup stuff for navigation if the MFD craps the bed.

Bob, you can move gauges around on your dash. Don't forget, there are a lot of people who cut a large hole in the dash then put a carbon fiber plate over the hole and mount their new gauges into it. You should easily fit a 10 in display into the console if you move some stuff around.