gganderson

R200 Spot Light Install

Has anyone tried to install a spot light on the front of the R200 Canvass T-top?  I was planning to have a Go-light mounted and wired via the t-top.  The installer is saying that they cant mount it without adding starboard and the tubes are not set up to accept the wiring.  Anyone have this issue?   any workarounds?

Depends on how clean you want it.   Burying the wire in the frame would be hard.  Zip tying it on the surface much easier.  Maybe zip tie across the top, then drill into the tube frame and fish the wire down the tube to the side of the console,  then out of the tube into the console.  

You can get nylon gromits that are convex to fit your tubing.  That should make a flat spit for bolts to hold the light base.  But not seeibg it, maybe a chunk of starboard bolted to the frame is a stronger base to connect the light too.

Anything can be done.  Clean and neat = time and money.  

FYI, make any hole in the frame and you may need to drill a weep hole in the bottom to release any intruding water.  You might be opening a can of worms. 

I was thinking of adding a spot light but installing it to the right of the anchor locker.  I haven't done much research on it because my night travels are few and far between.  

Has anyone put one there before?

You can go to this topic and see the Rigid lights mounted up in my T-Top at the back, I will be adding the same to the front. These don't draw much amperage and are very bright. There is a wiring hole that runs down the front right support tube and into the console area.

https://www.amazon.com/MARINE-DUALLY-DIFFUSED-SM-2/dp/B007I5AAPA/ref=asc_df_B007I5AAPA/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312104220456&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=186887862273735519&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9012991&hvtargid=aud-801381245258:pla-567474402176&psc=1