Josh W

Robalo R227 Driver Seat

I have seen pictures of a 227 where it shows the drivers seat can spin around. I have not been able to figure out how that happens...Some help please.

Josh

You might find this helpful http://forum.robalo.com/index.php?/topic/2636-r207-swivel-seats/&tab=comments#comment-5461 . I got some 6063 T5 aluminum from Amazon and raised and swapped the seats and it worked great. I believe the R227 seats are similar, if not the exact same.

You can see how I did mine and some other improvements here http://robaloboatowners.net/forums/index.php?/topic/6256-r207-improvements/&tab=comments#comment-31351

Not sure if they apply to the R227, but they may be helpful.

on my 2019 227 there is a lever directly in front under the seat that if you push down it lets the seat swivel. It's length seems to be short so hard to find by feel so you may have to look under the seat to locate.

Fullthrottle, great info. In the link provided, I tried to view the pdf and it looks as if it is expired. Is there any way you can repost? Thanks a bunch for sharing your experiences to help others!!!!

The seat has to be raised to allow more motion. I can't post here due to space limitations, but I'll repost it on the other site. Not sure why it shows expired, but they had a serious problem at that site and maybe it caused a problem with the pdf. I'll put it at the end of the thread.

It was created with Adobe 7 and I seem to be able to read it fine, but if you have problems again, let me know and I'll upgrade the version

17 hours ago, Josh W said:

I found that lever however the seat only swivels like 2-3 inches.

...move your seat forward slightly with the forward/backward adjuster and you will get the clearance to turn it.