Sign in to follow this  
Boatdogz

Drain tube for live well

Hi everyone. 

I finally used my live well on my R200 for the first time with a pint of minnows for fluke fishing.  

Is the drain tube thread a standard size?   I’d like to use a shorter tube so there’s not as much water in the tank and it would be easier to catch those rascals and put them to work.  I’ve seen replacement tubes but not sure if the threads are identical.

Thanks!

Take it to Home Depot and match it to their threaded fittings. I'm thinking it's probably a standad NPT or MPT thread. I can't see any builder going to the expense to have custom fittings made when they are readily available everywhere.

5 hours ago, Bob Landry said:

Take it to Home Depot and match it to their threaded fittings. I'm thinking it's probably a standad NPT or MPT thread. I can't see any builder going to the expense to have custom fittings made when they are readily available everywhere.

Cut out a section and get a coupling to put the two remaining pieces back together again. That way you don’t have to replace the top piece that prevents bait from going down the drain tube 

5 hours ago, Bob Landry said: