Kman

R180 Blue Bulkhead Light. Do they make them in white?

2013 R180/F115

So I’ve added a ton of stuff to my R180. The Lowrance Outboard Pilot being the most recent addition—love it with the HDS 12 Live.  Now I’m installing white LED “mood lighting” all around the floor area, under the gunnels and in the compartments.  It’s nice to light the interior of the boat without wrecking your night vision.  There are two existing blue courtesy lights in the cockpit and one in the Live well (that is now dry storage) that I would like to replace with white ones. Robalo part number for these lights is 25.00015. Anybody know who makes these, and do they make them in white? Otherwise, I’ll just abandon them in place.

Thanks.

PS Check your steering fluid. Mine was squid ink black and took 1.5 gallons of Sea Star fluid to get clear again. Wish I would have flushed it before installing the auto pilot.

Innovative Lighting's 011 Series, available direct from the manufacturer or via Amazon in white, should be a dimensional match..

fa2141187703886185.jpg?dimensions=331x38      47962049751_c616cd01a5_o.jpg

Replacing the livewell unit is an easy reach thru the port side stern jump seat compartment...

47962098967_c1c90ae4ae_o.jpg

Removing the forward rod storage tube yields a just-under three inch hole which is two inches above the courtesy light's retaining nut, and the wiring harness pulls thru for easy disconnection & reattachment...

47962120493_832a992e69_o.jpg

An offset wrench may be needed to break the retaining nut loose, unless you have hands that'll fit inside the hole.

Adding a stack of hardware store parts bin nylon washers beneath the new unit's retaining nut could make it easier to tighten, by moving the nut closer to the end of the threads.

Good luck!

I swapped my blue ones for Amber, you can get several on Amazon.

Thanks haz for the photos. Now I know another way to access under the gunwale. Now I need to think about what I can do inside there :-)

Thank you Haz!  I was able to loosen both lights by getting a finger on the nut and rotating the light with a pair of pliers. The nuts weren’t gel coated in like the thru hulls are.

BTW jealous you have the 150. It should be a crime to sell the R180 with a 115.

On 5/29/2019 at 10:36 PM, Kman said:

Thank you Haz!  I was able to loosen both lights by getting a finger on the nut and rotating the light with a pair of pliers. The nuts weren’t gel coated in like the thru hulls are.

BTW jealous you have the 150. It should be a crime to sell the R180 with a 115.

+1

With a couple of people, the 115 does OK, but with anything more, the 115 is a slug.

5 hours ago, fishhead said:

The 150hp is the only way to go!

Well, it’s a little late for me now.  I’m done adding heavy stuff and my performance is adequate with 2 people, their gear and a full, 30 gallon bait tank.  Did 48 miles yesterday and got 3.8 MPG in choppy seas.

Just to bookmark this thread for future benefit, I purchased and installed the replacement lights mentioned above, and the lighting was inadequate for my needs.  I ended up putting 2 downward-facing sea Dog 4” LED strip lights (SDL 401450-1) under each gunnel to get the desired lighting.