Kturner

float switch /bilge pumps.

So, I discovered the other day my battery was dead in my R160CC (2016). I've had this boat for two years does not even have 100 hrs on it. But when i went to replace the battery even with the battery switch off, the bilge pump ran continuously and I couldn't get it to stop? Idk if something is wrong with the wiring or the float switch but has this happened to any one else and does Robalo warranty cover this?

Bilge is supposed to be wired to run with the battery switch off, how else could it bail the boat in a  slip?

Yes, Robalo's warranty should cover replacing the switch, but you have to go through a Robalo dealer.

2 minutes ago, RickR160 said:

Bilge is supposed to be wired to run with the battery switch off, how else could it bail the boat in a  slip?

Yes, Robalo's warranty should cover replacing the switch, but you have to go through a Robalo dealer.

Thanks! I know it runs automatically but wasn't sure why it was continuously running for no reason. Ill reach out to the local robalo dealer. 

Mine did the same after my first ride.  Not knowing any better, I disconnected the batteries to get it to stop.  Then I discovered the float was getting stuck on the bilge.  Had it replaced and haven’t had any issues since 

Using Forum member Jorge's past-submitted photo...

Deck Drain.jpg

...If you remove the deck plate indicated by the arrow above...

28887218518_5de054bc57_o.jpg

...you'll be able to see and access the Bilge pump/switch assembly pictured on page 13 of the R160 Parts Manual that ba_fisher's above PDF download link provides.

Good luck!

On 5/20/2019 at 12:41 PM, Kturner said:

Thanks! I know it runs automatically but wasn't sure why it was continuously running for no reason. Ill reach out to the local robalo dealer. 

You have a piece of trash under the float switch holding it up, probably a piece of the flotation material. It's happened to me a couple of times.

You have connected ground to the pump side of the float switch.You can find the wiring diagram all over the Internet. The wiring for auto/manual bilge pumps is universal.