npost

e box cost

I ordered an E-Box for my 2017 200es they charged me $500 plus tax and then added $156 for shipping to their facility. When I got it it was missing the hardware so I called the dealer who told me I was wrong. After getting the owner on phone and him talking to mechanic they agreed I was right. You would think after almost $48,000 invested they would treat me better. Does anyone else thing the shipping charge was excessive. I mean after all it an aluminum box and it cost me almost $700 and now I got to wait 10 days to get the hardware. 

I wasn't aware Robalo offered aluminum electronics boxes, but this online photo of the box on a 2018 R202 EX clearly shows welded side panels and corner-to-corner creases in the box's floor for improved rigidity. Perhaps Coyote Manufacturing is producing them for Robalo?

The $500 e-box pricing seems fair, when compared to the factory-option cost shown on Robalo's R202 Boat Builder page under Towers & Canvas.

The $156 shipping seems high at first, but several factors could be influencing that cost.

The e-box is aluminum and not extremely heavy, but it is quite large, maybe 10" high x 18" deep x 36" wide?

Was it double-boxed or crated in wood to protect against shipping damage, which would enlarge the package and may incur a shipping cost surcharge?

Was it shipped USPS, UPS, FedEx, by common carrier truck -- or did Robalo's boat hauler drop it off when running between two other dealers, without dropping a boat at your dealer?

Is your dealer extremely far away from the e-box's point-of-origin?

Was the shipping cost discussed with you before the e-box was ordered, or was it sprung on you once the e-box arrived?

Your frustration with waiting for hardware is understandable, and it would be useful to know if the dealer neglected to request the hardware in their original order, or, if Robalo's parts operation -- or the e-box supplier -- forgot to include the hardware in the shipment.

Whomever made the mistake, that excluded the hardware, should be paying express shipping to get those items to you ASAP.

In this day and age, ten days is definitely an unreasonable amount of time to make you wait for the hardware.

Good luck!

the box was shipped in a cardboard box by UPS. I did discuss shipping was told it would be about $50. the hardware was suppose to be in the box with the ebox. I am not questioning the price I was aware and agreed to it. It just seemsa excessive and I think when I told the dealer the hardware was not shipped they would have been more helpful. It is what it is. I'm over it just was curious what other people thought

A $100 miss on the shipping cost estimate is unacceptable and the dealer should provide you evidence of the UPS charges and fully explain if any 'handling' charges were added by Robalo and/or the dealer to get to the $156 total shipping charge.

Because they misinformed you on the shipping costs and you purchased your R202 from them, I believe the dealership should absorb at least some of the shipping cost overage.

The only way $156 makes sense is if the dealer is located outside of the USA, but even then -- you were significantly misinformed on the total purchase cost by the dealer.

Good luck!