ShesABeaut

R222 -Livewell & Plug help

Hey guys. I recently purchased my boat about a week ago, but the dealer did not have any plugs for my live well or front storage coolers. They’ve had to order them, but I want to try and get a few overnighted if possible. Is there a specific place I need to go to find out which size my live well works with?

And also, I cannot seem to get the live well to work. I turn on the electronics and push in the button, and make sure the valve is turned, but no saltwater flows.  Am I missing something?

I’m a newbie, first boat purchase, so forgive me for the rookie questions. Thanks for your help.

Shawn, Destin, Florida 

Open the seacock. Seems Robalo's are shipped with the seacock closed and dealers never seem to open them.

Labels added to this image from R222 Parts Manual, showing raw water seacock location on starboard side of transom bilge, adjacent to the vertical inner transom wall...

40614361133_629feacf7b_o.jpg

Handle position indicates the operational status of the valve...

46664879565_21050c24a7_o.jpg

It may be a long reach, but the seacock should be accessible through the raised transom seat lid...

46664879455_7a1b0487d1_o.jpg

Good luck!

On 4/10/2019 at 10:15 AM, FullThrottle said:

Open the seacock. Seems Robalo's are shipped with the seacock closed and dealers never seem to open them.

Thank you, I appreciate the help.

On 4/10/2019 at 12:34 PM, haz said:

Labels added to this image from R222 Parts Manual, showing raw water seacock location on starboard side of transom bilge, adjacent to the vertical inner transom wall...

40614361133_629feacf7b_o.jpg

Handle position indicates the operational status of the valve...

46664879565_21050c24a7_o.jpg

It may be a long reach, but the seacock should be accessible through the raised transom seat lid...

46664879455_7a1b0487d1_o.jpg

Good luck!

You're a genius!  Really appreciate you taking the time to show me this.  I'll do it first thing in the AM when I take the cover off in hopes of getting back on the water here in Destin!  Thanks again!