clemsondds

Bought a 206S...what next??

Hello Everyone! So I finally decided on a boat (robalo 206S) and will pick it up sometime soon.  This will be my first boat, so I would appreciate a little advice.  Here are a few of the questions I have. 
Should I get insurance?  I assume I should, so if so, what insurance company do you recommend?  

What kind of boat cover do you recommend?  I am going to look for a storage unit where I can keep it inside, but if I can't find one close by, then I guess I'll keep it at the house.  Either way, I'll need a cover for it.  Does robalo make a cover for the 206 or should I go custom?  If so, what company? 

I plan to get a trolling motor and sonar...any recommendations on when and what I should get?  I know there's a ton of options here.  Plan to do mostly bass fishing with the occasional ICW trip.  I was looking at the riptide 80lb 60" ipilot with a hummingbird electronics.   Should I get this all installed by the dealer? (my closest dealer is 1.5 hours away).  I just don't want to void my warranty...not sure how all of this works. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!  I am not new to boating...been on boats my whole life...just tired of renting.  But this is the first boat I have fully owned so should be a fun experience!  

Thanks again! 

Insurance? Absolutely yes. If you are financing the boat, then your lender will require it. I got a great deal with Travelers (better than Progressive).

Robalo makes a mooring cover for the boat ($980).

Can't help you with the rest, I own a dual-console.

Ok thanks! Is there a website where you can see the cover?  I haven't been able to find one.  Also, anyone have any opinions on electronics (fish finder, trolling motor...)  

Thanks again!