Burban

Outriggers on R272

About to pull the trigger on a 272, but have a question regarding how the outriggers are mounted to the t-top.  From the photos I've seen, it appears they are simply mounted through the fiberglass t-top, but surely there is framing through the top for mounting the outriggers.  I didn't pay enough attention when I looked at one in the dealer's yard, so I'm looking for some guidance and an answer to the question - are the outriggers mounted through framing or just through the fiberglass t-top?  Could be a deal killer for me.  Thanks for your help.

Thanks Haz.  Anyone have any experience with outriggers mounted through fiberglass t-top similar to the mounting Haz pictured?  Not sure fiberglass can take the stress of extended outriggers in somewhat rough seas.  Sure seems like a design flaw to me.  Thoughts? Advice?

I'm on my second boat with outriggers attached to a fiberglass hardtop. On my Albemarle they just used washers and nuts to attach to the outriggers. I installed the outriggers on my Sailfish and used the taco backing plates for attachment. We had the Albemarle airborne more than once while heading out with the outriggers extended and up facing aft and they never gave us any trouble. I guess you could stress them enough to cause a problem, but I think the outriggers would likely get damaged before the hardtop.

Neither of those boats I mentioned are center console T tops, but I've see many of the larger center console boats with their outriggers mounted as Haz's pictures showed.

Thank you Full Throttle.  My salesman has contacted the engineer that designed the t-top on the 272 and he is hoping to get a schematic sent to me.  He indicated, the tops were reinforced with a fiberglass block between the outside and underside panels on the t-top in the location the outriggers will be mounted.  I also called Gemlux, the outrigger manufacturer, and they said they have hundreds mounted on Robalo t-tops with the same design.  Looks like I'm in the clear.  Appreciate all the help from everyone.