JLP

Aft kicks out to the right when loading on trailer

I'm not as seasoned as many of you so hoping for a little insight. When loading my 206 on the trailer the aft kicks to the right, regardless of trailer depth and approach speed. Bow is centered, motor is straight. I can come to a stop half way and ease it up and it still wants to swing to the right. Bunks seem to be aligned equally. When I do eventually get it centered (using the guide poles to hold in place as someone else pulls the trailer out) it sits evenly and flat on the bunks. I've stumped some others who have witnessed it in person and have many years of boating experience. 

Any ideas?

Sounds like prop walk from the outboard's high thrust combined with the bow-high hull riding up the inclined trailer...

propwalk_2.jpg

Good luck!

When I picked up my boat and trailer the bunks were parallel to each other and I didn't think anything about it until I put the boat on for the first time and I had a hard time centering it, during my 5 hour drive home I figured out that the bunks weren't centering the boat when it was pulled up to the stop.

When I got home I measured and marked the centers of the cross members and measured the whole trailer in general, I found the axle 3/8 out of square. The trailer company paid to have that fixed locally.  Next I moved the front of each bunk in towards the center 1/2 inch and moved the back of each bunk out 1 1/2 inch so that now instead of the bunks being parallel there is a slight V between them.  The boat centers itself when it's pulled onto the trailer every time.