LewesR180

R180 Folding Windshield

I'm getting ready to order a R180 and need the folding windshield as the boat has to be in the garage per HOA, anyone have any experience/comments, good or bad with the folding windshield?

Have it on my R160.  Make sure you check the on trailer measurement with windshield folded:

SPEC / CAP.

US

M

Height on Trailer:
8' 8"
2.63 m
Height on Trailer
with Windshield Down:
7' 2"
2.18 m
Height on Trailer
with Windshield Down and Ski Tow:
7' 6"
2.29 m
Height on Trailer
with Tower:
10' 10"
3.30 m
Length on Trailer 
(Trimmed Up w/ Swing Away Tongue Extended):
23' 8"
7.22 m
Length on Trailer 
(Trimmed Up w/ Swing Away Tongue Folded):
21' 11"
6.68 m
Length on Trailer 
(Trimmed Down w/ Swing Away Tongue Extended):
22' 3"
6.77 m
Length on Trailer 
(Trimmed Down w/ Swing Away Tongue Folded):
20' 6"
6.25 m
Width on Trailer:
8' 6"
2.59 m

No, it does not rattle.  I had an issue that of the knobs would loosen while underway, my dealer fixed it while in for other things.  If I stand and hold the side support, sometimes it shifts a fraction of an inch because I'm pulling it towards me, but it's not an issue.  

If you lower it to go in the garage, make sure to keep it down so you don't have an issue pulling out...  I waxed boat in garage, windshield all clean, and as I headed to hookup my truck wife said "are you going to lower the windshield?"...

Hi RickR160, lol, yes,  I have a pre-pack list before heading to the ramp, I will definitely make sure that's on the list, big thanks for the feedback, 

Those measurements are incorrect. They weld a  metal stopper on the bracket so when u fold windshield down it doesn't fall all the way down and hits the trottle control. It adds about 4-6 inches above the center console. I cut the weld off so windshield folds completely but it still stuck up another two inches. The only way to get all the down is to put trottle all the way in reverse. My garage is 7 feet though. I remove windshield Everytime. Just be careful the first time u put it in . Love my R180 though

I also have a 2018 R180 with factory folding windshield. I bought mine in south Florida. The dealer was able to order special trailer (not from Robalo). With the wind shield folder down, I was able to fit inside my garage with 78" clearance.