Jimbos jumbos

getting wiring from back to console R222

4 posts in this topic

I just took delivery of my R222ex this past weekend. I decided to pass on the electronics since they only offered 7" (I wanted the 9" screen). I asked the dealer if they could install an aftermarket unit. The Dealer wanted $1800 to install. (the unit only cost $1100, so they are wanting $700 to install). I figured that I could do this myself.  I assumed there would be some chase wire installed, so I could fish the wires. I looked for an hour today and do not see anything. Now I am wondering how I am going to get the transducer wiring to the unit. Anyone have any suggestions on what I am missing?

on another note, I discovered a few things that are odd. There is a USB port attached to a 4" wire BEHIND the radio, inside the bathroom. Seems like the manufacture forgot to drill a hole for this. I can't imagine Robalo expect the user to go inside the bathroom to hook up the USB for the radio

I did not get trim tabs, but there are two wire connectors inside the bathroom labeled Tabs P and Tabs S.  Anyone else have a 222 that is prewired for tabs? 

On my R207 I used a fish tape from the console to the bilge. Then tied several pull heavy duty nylon strings to the tape and pulled it back. Used the strings to pull transducer wire, and later Trim Tab wires (my boat was not prewired) and underwater LED wires. Still have a few strings left in case I think of something else later on.

Thanks for the reply. On the 222, it looks like I have to take several panels off and some other brackets, before I can get to the tube that has the cables. Disappointing that I have to take so much apart. Wish Robalo would have just left a pull string like many other manufactures.  Good thing the weather is still too cool to boat. 

Do you have an AUX audio input for the stereo already on the console?  My boat came it the 1/8 audio input on the console, but the stereo also has a USB audio input that was not connected.  You should have some kind of connection point on the console to the stereo.  You should be able to run wires to the gunwale to get to the back or you could get some fish rods and try to push those from the back to the front.