Cb0129

R200 livewell doesn’t work

10 posts in this topic

Hi, 

I just recently bought a 2018 R200 and love the boat. I have not been able to figure out how to work the live well. Risking to sound stupid, is there any chance someone could give me a step by step explanation? I’m ready to go fishing and need to figure this out ASAP... Thanks!!! 

Your dealer...

When in water, turn on switch.  Water comes out and fills up until top if drain is reached, and flow is established.

You can adjust spray by turning the spigot.

Make sure the seacock is open. They tend to ship them with it closed.

Do you have to open and close the seacock every time you use the live well o4 raw water wash down?

No. The seacock can be left open. It closes in case you have a leak and need to stop water from coming in. The only time I've ever closed mine was to check that it closed and once to work on a leaking (barely) hose.

Ok, thanks FullThrottle. I just got a R202 and haven’t tried to use the live well or wash down yet. So, I check and make the seacock is open, then hit the switch when I’m underway to collect water? Turn off the switch when it’s full and then you take the center tube out to drain it? 

LF15, yes you have the basic concept. RichR160 is right depending on what live bait you have. In the winter going after stripers, I generally put eels in the livewell with ice and water. I only run the pump enough to keep them alive until the ice is gone, then I run it most of the time. Cold eels don't knot up as much and makes it much easier to put them on a hook. With other baits I either run it a lot, or all the time to keep the bait alive.

Good luck, and good fishing.