Sign in to follow this  
Denny

Downriggers

Looking to add a couple electric downriggers on my R200ES.  Anyone find a good place to mount them?  Also looking at either Scotty or Canon, what’s your preference? Pros/Cons?

Thanks

Denny

I have a R222 and I mounted mine with gimbal mounts and Cannon 12V plugs so they can easily be removed when I just want to cruise.  Check out Magnum Metalz downriggers.  They are cheaper more compact and have more pulling power than any other brand and I have tried or used them all.  The only thing they do not have is  auto stop but with the clutch mechanism they have you do not need it.  Very nice riggers!

http://www.magnum-metalz.com/downriggers-1/

I run two Scotty 1106Bs and replaced the rod holders in position 1 with equipment from Burnewiin and mounted the downriggers to their equipment.  I also use it the same equipment for a pot puller.  I installed power outlets on the underside of the gunwale, so they would be out of the way.  Scotty/Canon is like a Ford/Chevy thing.  I have a Scotty repair shop close by, so I figured I would go that way in case I have an issue.