Boatdogz

R200 bucket storage

I am loving my R200!  It's my first boat and I've really been having a ball. I did discover it's a little short on storage so I'm really trying to maximize the available space. 

For example, I used a response on this forum to build a couple plastic storage bins under the two jump seats in the start. That was brilliant!

i have been storing a rectangular bucket under the port jump seat in an empty well near the pumps. It just for scrubbing after we pull the boat. Inevitably the bucket slides to the very back of the space forcing me to dig deep to grab it. 

Anyone have any clever ideas on what to do to secure the bucket?  Any other ingenious ideas on using that space would be welcome as well!

thanks!

Salesman told me to silicon bottom of a crate I wanted for extra storage under Port side of R200ES and push it down hard where I want it. Let dry and it will stay. Not getting mine for a few days so have not actually tried it, but it makes sense as it could easily be removed if needed.

I purchased a 2-gallon thick-walled plastic bucket with one flat side from a local big-box home improvement store,

I intend to store the bucket on a clasped vinyl strap mounted on the inside of the center console door, as shown in this photo, which I mocked up using doubled-sided tape.

The top rim on the flat side of the bucket rests atop the console door grab bar, providing additional stability and support, as shown in this photo.

Good luck!

The center console door in the photos is on my 2013 R180, but a R200 door should be identical.

Good luck!