Lake Time

2017 R200es Rear seats Warning

I just purchase a new 2017 R200es 2 weeks old (2 Piece rear bench seat).  I put the boat on the trailer to have electronics installed and when I reached my destination I realized both seats are missing.

The wind must have blown them of the boat.  I am shocked that they blew out!

I removed all of the bow cushions for that reason, thinking that they would blow off the boat.

I am waiting for a call back from the dealer that is waiting for a call back from Robalo.  This will be interesting!

I almost had the same thing with my 2017 R222ES. Fortunately, my wife was following in separate car and she called when she saw them flip up and I was able to pull over prior to them blowing out. I think they'd be okay if laid on deck. 

I just took my boat to the Jacksonville Fl boat shop to check an issue with my boat and my port rear boat cushion flu off.  I will also make a claim.  

Had same problem this past weekend.  The larger seat flew away and noticed when I got home from the marina.  Dealer is telling me seat is about $400 with shipping

That’s really unfortunate. I don’t understand why Robalo can’t instruct their dealers to inform new customers of this issue at delivery. So many have leaned the hard way and it can really screw up the boat enjoyment experience when you have to dick around with getting a replacement seat even if it’s covered by the dealer/manufacturer.