fishandgolf

R302 Boat Problems

11 posts in this topic

I'm having some of the same problems, and I'm getting disgusted by it. My dealership has been very helpful, but this is precisely why I bought a new boat to begin with. To avoid dealing with these issues. I have a different list, but it's every bit as long if not longer.

I'll PM my contact info if you want to compare notes.

-Chris

Hanapaa has also contributed to Gator Bait's sizeable R302 discussion.

You both may want to join & post your experiences over on The Hull Truth Boating Forum.

Joebalo, who is a Robalo factory customer service rep, is active on THT's Boating Forum and he has been responsive to posts by Robalo owners with issues.

Joebalo does not openly participate here, unfortunately.

Good luck!

Joebalo is Joe Pegg the owner's son and eastern regional sales manager for Robalo.  He's out of FL but you should be able to contact him through the link above.  You can also call Bob Ellis at Robalo, 

Address: 300 Industrial Park Blvd, Nashville, GA 31639

Both Joe and Bob have been very responsive to me.  Hope this helps.

I am just starting my social medial blitz about my disatisfaction with Robalo and my experience with the manufacturer, product and local dealer.  I purchased a 2017 242 then moved up to a 302 2018 in less then a year "loaded."  My intentions were to use the boat 6 months in Ohio and 6 months in Florida. Both dealers were appoached and asked if they wanted the business. The Florida dealer had little interest in the trade, offered me $54k nothing for options or trailer. Refused to look at the boat.  The northern dealer looked at the boat, calculated the nearly $38k options, and obviously got my business.  Since the purchase, I have been diagnosed with Fibermialgia, Spinalstinosis and Parkinson disease and am disabled. The boat is located in Florida and the Florida dealer has told me they refuse to do warranty work on the boat since I did not buy the boat from them.  I would like to know where Robalo stands with this information before I determine where we go from here.  

Terry Bodenbender 

Ex - Corporate VP Skyline Corporation

Ex - Sr. VP Starcraft RV

Ex - VP Sales Thor Industries (Aero)

Robalo doesn't post on this forum...  You bought a boat in Ohio, and the Florida dealer refuses to work on it.  Pick up the phone and call Robalo.  

That's a joke, I've called, sent messages, sent emails and even had a local dealer leave numerous messages saying they would take care of me, and no response. The boat continues to have issues one after another.  After reading the R 302 windshield wiper thread, I could not believe my eyes.  ROBALO IS STILL BUILDING BOATS TODAY WITH THE SAME PROBLEMS AS A YEAR AGO!!!  Whistling windows, helm seats falling apart, etc. etc.  What the hell!  Who does this?  Not to mention all the other issues I have had .......... AND WHAT'S THE BIGGEST ISSUE?  THEY WON'T TAKE CARE OF ME!!!!!!!  2018 MODEL

2018-01-21 10.30.30.jpg

2018-01-21 10.29.13.jpg

On 1/12/2018 at 1:59 PM, Bodee said:

I am just starting my social medial blitz about my disatisfaction with Robalo and my experience with the manufacturer, product and local dealer.  I purchased a 2017 242 then moved up to a 302 2018 in less then a year "loaded."  My intentions were to use the boat 6 months in Ohio and 6 months in Florida. Both dealers were appoached and asked if they wanted the business. The Florida dealer had little interest in the trade, offered me $54k nothing for options or trailer. Refused to look at the boat.  The northern dealer looked at the boat, calculated the nearly $38k options, and obviously got my business.  Since the purchase, I have been diagnosed with Fibermialgia, Spinalstinosis and Parkinson disease and am disabled. The boat is located in Florida and the Florida dealer has told me they refuse to do warranty work on the boat since I did not buy the boat from them.  I would like to know where Robalo stands with this information before I determine where we go from here.  

Terry Bodenbender 

Ex - Corporate VP Skyline Corporation

Ex - Sr. VP Starcraft RV

Ex - VP Sales Thor Industries (Aero)

Just quoting this gem for posterity

Robalo HQ seems to have real issues with direct contacts with their customers. If someone bought 2 new Whalers or 2 new Gradys in two years, I am sure they would have a much better experience.

On 1/21/2018 at 10:23 AM, Bodee said:

That's a joke, I've called, sent messages, sent emails and even had a local dealer leave numerous messages saying they would take care of me, and no response. The boat continues to have issues one after another.  After reading the R 302 windshield wiper thread, I could not believe my eyes.  ROBALO IS STILL BUILDING BOATS TODAY WITH THE SAME PROBLEMS AS A YEAR AGO!!!  Whistling windows, helm seats falling apart, etc. etc.  What the hell!  Who does this?  Not to mention all the other issues I have had .......... AND WHAT'S THE BIGGEST ISSUE?  THEY WON'T TAKE CARE OF ME!!!!!!!  2018 MODEL

2018-01-21 10.30.30.jpg

2018-01-21 10.29.13.jpg

That should be fixed. Those cushions should lock in tight.