CLEMDVA

upholstery stickiness ? plasticizer migration

On 6/11/2017 at 12:08 PM, michael521 said:

I have the pink mold issue on a R200 since new , would this be applicable to us as well.

thanks ,

Mike

You're probably going to think I'm crazy, but i had some pink discoloration issues on the upholstery of a Triumph 195 CC I had years ago.  Couldn't get rid of it no matter what I did.  I stumbled on a post (I believe it was on The Hull Truth) where someone recommended trying Acne Cream with Benzoyl Peroxide.  It took a couple of applications, but it cured the discoloration.

On 4/4/2018 at 11:42 PM, Hrokor said:

I had this same problem with my 2016 R180.  It starts small but spreads pretty quickly.  I called the dealer yesterday, April3 and he asked me to send pictures along with the hull number so I did.  I received an email from him today saying that Robalo is going to take care of it by ordering and sending a "COMPLETE" updated new interior cushion set at no charge!

Hroker,

Do you know who you spoke with at Robalo? Do you have contact information?

Thank You!

On 4/4/2018 at 11:42 PM, Hrokor said:

I had this same problem with my 2016 R180.  It starts small but spreads pretty quickly.  I called the dealer yesterday, April3 and he asked me to send pictures along with the hull number so I did.  I received an email from him today saying that Robalo is going to take care of it by ordering and sending a "COMPLETE" updated new interior cushion set at no charge!

Hroker,

Do you know who you spoke with at Robalo? Do you have contact information?

Thank You!

I tried calling my dealer Bob Hewes Boats in Miami. They quoted me $3000+. Feel like I’m being scammed considering how many others have the exact same issue. Its obviously a manufacturer’s defect, and IMO Robalo should accept responsibility.

Jarrett: It is unclear whether you purchased your Robalo new and you are the original owner, or, if you bought the boat used from a private seller.

From past reports here and on other forums, Robalo has provided free cushion replacements to original owners, and used-boat buyers were sometimes offered replacement cushions at dealer cost for DIY or owner-paid installation by the dealer.

If you are the original owner, then Bob Hewes Boats -- which has a very good reputation with customers and a prosperous relationship with Robalo -- should've submitted photos of your boat's cushions along with your boat's hull number to Robalo's warranty department for an official determination.

If the replacement cost Bob Hewes Boats quoted you was their dealer price, they should've mentioned it, and/or maybe they are including installation labor.

If they are asking full retail and you bought the Robalo pre-owned from them, then it's worth trying to negotiate the cushion cost down to their dealer cost, as their gesture of goodwill to you.

Good luck!

If you are the second owner and transferred the warranty (it cost me $500 in 2017 for a 2016 model year), you should be covered under that warranty. I had the same issue with my 2016 246 and Robalo replaced the upholstery at no charge. If you didn’t transfer the warranty you are most likely on your own.

1 hour ago, haz said:

Jarrett: It is unclear whether you purchased your Robalo new and you are the original owner, or, if you bought the boat used from a private seller.

From past reports here and on other forums, Robalo has provided free cushion replacements to original owners, and used-boat buyers were sometimes offered replacement cushions at dealer cost for DIY or owner-paid installation by the dealer.

If you are the original owner, then Bob Hewes Boats -- which has a very good reputation with customers and a prosperous relationship with Robalo -- should've submitted photos of your boat's cushions along with your boat's hull number to Robalo's warranty department for an official determination.

If the replacement cost Bob Hewes Boats quoted you was their dealer price, they should've mentioned it, and/or maybe they are including installation labor.

If they are asking full retail and you bought the Robalo pre-owned from them, then it's worth trying to negotiate the cushion cost down to their dealer cost, as their gesture of goodwill to you.

Good luck!

Thanks Haz,

I am in fact the original owner of this Cayman 226, so not exactly sure why I’m not being offered a similar resolution to what others have been offered. I’m not calling into question Bob Hewes reputation, however they’re deflecting responsibility to Robalo. I’m sort of stuck here, so I’m trying to work directly with Robalo customer service.