CLEMDVA

upholstery stickiness ? plasticizer migration

8 hours ago, Hrokor said:

I had this same problem with my 2016 R180.  It starts small but spreads pretty quickly.  I called the dealer yesterday, April3 and he asked me to send pictures along with the hull number so I did.  I received an email from him today saying that Robalo is going to take care of it by ordering and sending a "COMPLETE" updated new interior cushion set at no charge!

Nice outcome. Thanks for sharing. Am certain many will appreciate this. 

Picked up my new cushions today!!!  They sent all vinyl from bow to stern FREE OF CHARGE!!!!!  You guys that have the same problem get on your dealer to get this done.  My boat was purchased in February of 2016, just over 2 years old and they warrantied in full.

Robalo vinyl cushions.JPG

...pretty sad, I would think they would find another source of materials, ......... Since my "2012"....same thing.

I'm lov'in Sailfish .

If anyone has a brown sticky upholstery please contact your dealer. A while back Robalo received a bad batch which went on a limited number of boats and they have been changed out. The upholstery on any newer boats wouldn't have this issue as we've switched material.

I contacted Robalo in January about this issue. Trying to get this resolved through my local dealer. So far I am having no success. How long does it typically take to provide the new upholstery to the dealer? Thanks

Joebalo, can you help me with my upholstery issue? I contacted Robalo in January who finally got me in touch with my dealer to have my upholstery replaced under warranty.  I have not received any feedback from Robalo after multiple attempts and my dealer is not getting any response as well.  I am getting ready to send a letter to the CEO of MPC since I am not getting any help.  Thanks.