Gator Bait

2017 R302

Hi all got my boat and really love it so far. 

I haven't been able to figure out how to get hour meter to display on the Simrad screen (yamaha). I have all the other gauges but that. Also my water temp is off - the factory transducer is not on the list of transducers to select so I'm guessing that is why it's off.  Anyone else had the same issues?

Hello Audi,

I found it (hour meter) a while back, but I can't remember where. I'll look into sometime this weekend and let you know if I find it again.

I haven't had any trouble with the temperature. It may be pointing to the wrong interface. You may just need to rescan the network for devices. If that doesn't work, you might have a faulty transducer. I had to have my electronic compass replaced because wasn't working properly.

Does yours retain fuel usage data? If not, you may want to either get Robalo or your dealer to install the Simrad Fuel Data Manager p/n: 000-11522-001. According to Simrad, it's pretty much plug and play. My dealer was trying to get Robalo to foot the bill, but they never heard back, so they stepped up to the plate and are going to cover it themselves if Robalo doesn't. I really love my dealership.

I found the hour meter... I had to select it from the side bar.  Thanks!  No mine was not recording fuel data, I haven't been recording trip logs so I thought maybe that was why but I'll look into that part. I'm having a local guy install the 3D structure scan so will do it then. 

Was all you just got that generic boating manual?  Thought there would be one for operation of live wells, water , etc. I couldn't figure out what the 2 different water fill ports were. Never had one before that didn't just accept a regular hose bib.  

Yeah. I got the same generic manual. The manual for our 1996 pursuit has detailed wiring diagrams for every component. This is a bit different.

As for the fill ports on the stern are for the fresh water tank and the holding tank.

The one on the port stern is the holding tank. It's used to vacuum out the head. The one closer to the stbd stern is the fresh water fill. It works best if you can get a water hose at least 6 inches into the hole. Otherwise, it tends to spit back a lot. The only other fill is the fuel fill on the port side.

Thanks. I have a another one that I thought was the water fill. It's on the part stern near the holding tank flush out. It seems to feed directly to the anchor wash down. Not sure how to add pics or I would show the one I'm talking about. 

Ah. That's not a fill. That's the raw water washdown port. You can connect a water hose to it and use raw water on the boat. There's another port just like it in the anchor locker. If you're going to use one or the other, make sure the cap is on tightly on the port not in use. One pump provides water to both outlets.

Question to the group... Did you guys receive two fire extinguishers with your boat?

If so, were they mounted to the boat? Where were they mounted?

Mine were forgotten, but my dealer is providing them when I go back in.

I don't know where I can mount them to keep them accessible but also protected from the elements.

Hey guys. Just an FYI, I created a new FB group if you want to join to easier discuss and share. There are a couple on FB and mine is the one listed in Apollo beach under Robalo Boat Owners 

Guys,

I only received one fire extinguisher and I mounted it just to the left side of the helm.

On a separate note, there was a warranty recall on the bench seat, and the bolsters. My dealer repaired both during my service visit.

Hanapaa... did yours come with the electronic compass? I'm thinking I don't have it- I can't overlay radar with chart and also I can't mark echo spots to display on the chart plotter .. says something about no heading info so thinking that is the issue. 

You guys able to fill the gas normally? First time was on trailer and it was next to impossible could only accept a dribble at a time. Thought maybe was a level issue but in the water is same problem. I removed the air relief screen and it was clear.  

I'm thinking about re-plumbing the anchor washdown to the fresh water would be nice to rinse that off when rolling up and also have a fresh water hose to start cleaning up on the way back... thoughts?

Both of the washdown bibs are on the same raw water pump. 

I use mine for keeping the deck clean while I'm out fishing. I've been thinking about plumbing a fresh water bib in the stern so that I can flush the engines when I put it on the trailer. It would also be good for rinsing the rods and other items on the way in.

As for the electronic compass, yes, mine came with the system. It's required for the autopilot to work. It also displays your heading on the chart. I haven't tried overlaying the radar. I always keep them in separate windows.

I have also had trouble getting fuel into the boat. Even on the lowest setting, it keeps tripping at the marina. Makes for a long fuel stop after a long day of offshore fishing.

Dumb question for the group but does this boat not come with a Yamaha command link plus gauge?  I guess if you get the 2x 16" screens you don't have the real estate.  If that's the case is there room on the console for a fuel flow meter?  

Did any of you sea trial other 27' to 30' CCs?  

Congrats to all on the new boats!!  Please post pictures if possible.  Be safe!

That gauge is a little different from the command link. It doesn't provide near as much info. Most importantly, fuel usage data. If you have Simrad units, you'll need the Simrad Fuel Data Manager p/n: 000-11522-001 to get that info. My dealer was working with Robalo to pay for it, but finally got tired of waiting on the factory, so they footed the bill themselves.

I don't know how it works with the Garmins.

Interesting I did not get the Yamaha gauges (that small area down to the right of steering wheel is blank) - I have Simrad 

booked my 20 hr service... that comes quick!!!

Audi,

I think that gauge we were referring to only comes if you order the Optimus system.

All of your information will be in the Simrad units.

You'll need that Simrad part to keep track of your fuel data.

Work with your dealer and see if they'll help you out.

I'm on my second Robalo. First was a 242.  In August, 2017 I took delivery of a R 302 2018.  COULDN'T BE MORE DISSATISFIED WITH ROBALO!!!  The product has issues, and it appears from reading this thread you have found some of them, and SADLY they are still producing boats with the same PROBLEMS!  WHAT MANUFACTURER DOES THIS!!!  My boat has, guess what? Loud whistling window, helm seat falling apart, live well issues, trim tab issues, rusty screws and floor fish boxes that squeak every time you step on them. This is just the most current list. My wife told me before I bought this boat, because of its hefty price tag, it had to last a "lifetime," hell this ROBALO is falling apart after 5 and a half months and has only 50 hours on the engines.  By the way, love the engines. My recommendation is to buy value, and Robalo is price ... I fell for it. VERY UNSATISFIED CUSTOMER FT. MYERS BEACH, FLORIDA. Seats are made of plastic.  

2018-01-21 10.30.30.jpg

2018-01-21 10.29.13.jpg