Michigan Man

R222es power?

When I test drove the 222ES on the bay of Green Bay it was in frigid conditions, 30 MPH winds and 3' waves. 3/4 throttle and she ran at 35MPH with 3 adults and she cut through the waves like butter. No splash in the boat what so ever. No hull slapping. No hesitation planing out. Felt like plenty of power to me. I too thought about the 250HP when I ordered my boat two weeks ago. I don't feel I need the additional power. However, I thought it would help down the road with resale as I know I will enjoy this so much that I will want to upgrade to a bigger boat in a few years and selling with a 250HP would give me a competitive edge in the used boat market. 

You can never have too much hp..............but you certainly can have too little. I would order the 250hp.

Boat tests are done with 1 guy and minimal equipment and fuel on board.  I have a 250 on mine and with a crew and gear it does what the 200 performance test did.  No replacement for displacement or in this case just raw HP!  With a light fuel load and just my wife on board with no other gear trimmed perfect in calm seas it will run about 43.  Add 3 fat fishermen, full tank of fuel, beer, ice, food and fishing gear and I guess you see where I'm going with this.

19 minutes ago, Smoke said:

Boat tests are done with 1 guy and minimal equipment and fuel on board.  I have a 250 on mine and with a crew and gear it does what the 200 performance test did.  No replacement for displacement or in this case just raw HP!  With a light fuel load and just my wife on board with no other gear trimmed perfect in calm seas it will run about 43.  Add 3 fat fishermen, full tank of fuel, beer, ice, food and fishing gear and I guess you see where I'm going with this.

This is what I say all the time!

1 hour ago, Michigan Man said:

I think we are gonna upgrade to the 250hp Yamaha!

You will never regret that decision.......congrats!

1 hour ago, Michigan Man said:

i have the 200 and with full fuel and ice, etc. it ran fine w 2 big guys.  add a few more ppl im sure its a different story, but that boat gets tight with more than 3 or 4 anyway.

Anyone running a R222ES with a 250 Yamaha Vmax SHO?  Trying to see whats the top speed your getting.  Have a oem yamaha saltwater series II PROP WITH A 17” pitch. Currently runing full throttle at 5400rpm amd top speed of 45 with full tank of gas 2 adults amd 2 children Plus coolers full of ice and drinks when seas are not too chopy.  According to yamaha a good wide open throttle rmp should be between 5700-6000 rpm’s

4E70D878-2078-480C-ACFC-7F6033DA630A.jpeg