Sign in to follow this  
Smoke

R222 bow backrests

Has anybody bought and installed the optional bow backrests?  If so, what was the cost and is it worth the additional cost.  I do not have them but the wife is asking about them,

I have them on my R200 and when folks have used them, they love them. I believe they ran about $700 from the factory (as an option when we ordered the boat).  

I don't attach them when we're strictly fishing, but when we go for a cruise, we do use them. 

Got them on my R200 and even though they may seem pricey, they're worth their weight when cruising, the women love em. On fish days, you pull them out and you're good to go.

I know ours weren't $1,400. I'll check the paperwork and let you know. 

I will try another dealer.  My local dealer is not very good and I did not buy the boat from them so they are reluctant to really provide any type of service.

I recently Purchased a 2014 R200. I was told the fiberglass was too thin on this model for the bow backrests.  Is this true? Does anyone with a 2014 have them or know of this issue? I was really banking on getting them.

Thanks

No they do not.  Originally I was goin to thru bolt them and put a plate inside the box but decided to just go with big screws and sealed them up real well.  They are very sturdy mounted this way.

Hi Smoke, would it be possible for you send some pictures? The ad looks good i'm interested in seeing how it looks inside the fish box where the bolts go through.

Thanks Jack

I did not through mount them.  I believe there are 8 holes and I used large stainless screws that didn't go into the live well.  

They came stock with my R202 Explorer. The wife and son do like them when cruising. I take them out and stow them when it’s just me.