OLDFOOL

1978 Robalo, Model R 200 rebuild

2 posts in this topic

I'm finally healthy enough to get back to finishing "rebuilding" my dreamboat and looking for/needing some advice. Hope this is the right place. So far I've rebuilt the transom using "Seacast" (absolutely GREAT product), removed the center console and floor, replaced all four fuel lines, pressure tested the 60 gal fuel tank and am just about ready to re-install the rebuilt floor & center console. BUT, just discovered someone put close to 30 gallons of WATER in the gas tank! All this time I thought the gauge was just messed up. I've removed all the water (inside the tank looks clean) & will be replacing the filter for sure. I want to know if anyone has any suggestions about what else I might do to make sure I won't have problems from this? Grateful for any advice!

I too have or am at the door of fixing up a c/c 21 ft went to check it out today. confused about serial number, it starts SLK and it ends in 480 as I understand the last 2 digits indicate a 1980 but the SLK is not the Robalo prefix. The side name says AMF above Robalo what I've read says it should start with AMF not SLK what does yours start with? do you know why this might be?