gsWes

r180 battery relocation?

i have the 2013 r180 with double battery setup. one battery sits under each jump seat. ive really been contemplating shifting those batteries to the head area under the center console. considering those two batteries alone probably weigh 120 lbs it would make sense that id get a hell of a performance increase by shifting all that weight forward. what do you guys think? worth the energy or not?

Wes

Thought about it and that is going to be some work to bring the wires back to the transom unless you are relocating the battery switches as well which is what I would do if you are going to do this.  Depends on the grounding system of the boat in regards to the negatives.  You could extend the cables across the deck to do an experiment before diving in but you would need the proper gauge wire and some crimps to be safe.

tough call.  

i really think this would provide a great gain in performance as far as plane time and rough water running. if you think about it the battery mass is the equivalant of a small person at the very back of the boat! not to mention the storage space id pick up by freeing up the space under the jump seats.