Sign in to follow this  
markmancini

2 R300 issues I'd like to know if they are common

First weekend with new boat and aside from a LOT to get used to, the obvious bugs were found. The rear door seems to open when in rough seas, is there no stronger latch or does this just need to be tightened? The table which collapses to more seating does not hold. You hit a wave and it drops down. Now I'm pretty sure it is in there correctly, but it doesn't appear to have enough to keep it in place. Anyone else experience this?

My fuel gauge apparently doesn't function correctly so let's just say it was a LONG maiden voyage resulting in a tow and a neighbor driving us 45 minutes home by car. :(

I do not know the other issues but fuel gauge wise are you using the Command Control+ gauges? On my R245 the gauges will report high fuel levels for quite some time and then will dive down pretty fast which had me wondering if there was an issue. I was told that the tanks on my boat are shaped in a way that once you burn through over 1/2 the tank they will still show pretty much full while on plane.

To fix this I use the gallons burned numbers instead of the tank gauges to ensure I know about what I have. I would fuel up and zero out the gauges and go from there. I keep a log book onboard to ensure I do not forget what I have in the tanks.

About the rear door, try tightening the screw that holds the latch that moves forward to lock the door. Mine was loose and would slide away from the stop during rough seas.

thanks!  I have the dealer coming out to address but the fuel gauge issue is still getting dx'd.  I filled with 300 gallons and have the consumption screen up to monitor and due to inclement weather only burned 38 gallons but it still shows full but 1 tick should be gone.

That sounds like what I was going through, after topping off at 140 gallons and showing 40 gallons burned my gauges were still showing almost 6/8 of a tank.  Go by the burn rate and work from there as these gauges are not what you are used to in an automobile. 

Interesting, I may have to bring this up again to my dealer.

On another note I just launched for the season and I know I had around 20 gallons in the tank and added another 20 of fresh fuel for the quick trip from the launch to the marina and the gauges were telling me I was empty.  I wonder if removing the batteries for the season is the issue and have to be re-calibrated?