Tuna King

New Owner of a R300

15 posts in this topic

Hello all. I'm the proud owner of a new R300 with twin 300s. I use town a 245 but sold it about four years ago. Seems like a lifetime ago but I'm back in the game now. I'd love to hear any feedback on the boat or things to lookout for. As for me, I fish out of INdian River Delaware and am just waiting for the weather to break. If anyone is in that area I'd love to get together on runs out to deep water. I love fishing the canyons. Use to go out in my 245 but think the comfort factor is going to be better with the new ride.

Congrats on the R300, beautiful battlewagon! I bought an R245 last year and plan on going to the canyons outside Long Island sound this year but yeah wish I had a 30' footer to do it. Some day.

Congrats!

I get delivery of my R300 next month, congrats on a great choice! Where are you out of? I'm in Murrells Inlet

Thanks, I can't wait to get it on the water. I boat out of Indian River Delaware. What kind of real time performance numbers are you seeing with reasonable to full load? I'm guessing that loaded I'll be looking at about 1.2 mpg in mid to upper 30s mph. Let me know. thanks,

She's a beauty!! So do you trailer your R300? Curious as I came to the conclusion that it may just be to big. If so, what are you pulling it with. I see that it's on a triple axle trailer. Any info would be appreciated.

@Tuna King  How are you enjoying the R300? We recently were gifted my wife's grandfather home in Pot Nets due to his passing.  Wife wants to go pontoon, but I'm really on the Robalo CC side...thinking R200 or R222 ES.  Would be our first boat, but I want the ability to get through the inlet for some coastline cruising.  

1 hour ago, MattG said:

@Tuna King  How are you enjoying the R300? We recently were gifted my wife's grandfather home in Pot Nets due to his passing.  Wife wants to go pontoon, but I'm really on the Robalo CC side...thinking R200 or R222 ES.  Would be our first boat, but I want the ability to get through the inlet for some coastline cruising.  

We picked up an R200 and absolutely love it. Good luck with the purchase. 

On 5/16/2016 at 2:29 PM, jacereyes said:

I trailer it.  Triple axle.  Pull it with F250 6.7 diesel.  Easy pull.  

Could you pls tell me how tall it sits on the trailer? Thx 

On 6/11/2017 at 8:13 PM, Audi231 said:

Could you pls tell me how tall it sits on the trailer? Thx 

approximately 13 feet high.