1stboat

Robalo CC 222 first time boat owner

9 posts in this topic

Researched every CC available and kept coming back to Robalo's CC 222. After 4 years finally pulled the trigger on a great boat at a great deal. SWF

I almost bought the R222 with the new hardtop fully loaded, great cc for sure. I went with a R245 walkaround and had a R222 next to me in the marina that I was very impressed with. Great gunnel height and the hull looks like it can take some nasty weather. The guy had a 12" plotter and 3 huge LED spreader lights on top of his top, total fishing battle wagon.

Congrats!

Congrats!! I have an R222 as well! We have had it for a year now and love it! I have taken it from Ft. Lauderdale over to Bimini in the Bahamas twice this past year....ran great!!

Thanks for the replies-

Scott - sounds like someone went all out I would need some time to get that good...

Jsanzare -I'm impressed and one day may venture out but have some learning to do. Hoping the local clubs are helpful. So far drove it only about 50 miles around Ft Meyers , Sanibel and Captiva to the Port Charlotte harbor. Will enjoy learning though.

It did ride very smooth on an average day with some 20- 30 mile gusts. I may be playing with the trim tabs to much but I guess that is the best way to learn.

Spent two years researching CC boats before ordering a R222 in 2014. After two seasons chasing salmon on Lake Michigan I couldn't be happier. Love the 200 Yamaha also. Enjoy.

Thank you Kara.

Still only a limited time on my boat as to circumstances but the days I did get out we loved the ride....Cant wait to be out on it again....The 200 seems to sip gas but lots of power...

First time Robalo R222 owner and very pleased so far. I would like to get a little input on some items. We are new to salt water boating, storage, and lifts. We have a 10,000 lb lift but have not used it yet (taking advantage of a couple months of free dry storage from dealer). Our dock and lift are on the intracoastal between Clearwater and St. Pete. It is fairly shallow at our lift so we may have some limited number of times when we have to wait an hour or so for the water to rise. The R222 says draft up is 18.0". Does that mean that I should be able to get in and out if the bottom of the bunks are 18.0" under? The bunks are 10" tall above the lift beams. Also, the bunks are rubber on top and slick. Can I slide the boat on these is needed with the motor trimmed up or manually if floating enough? 

Secondly, what are people's thoughts on what covers should be used to store the boat on lift down here in mid-West FL?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Does anyone care to share what speed they are getting with the I-4 200 Yamaha 4-stroke.  I know what the test reports say - I want to know what the boat owner has to say.

Love my 2017 r222es, yamaha 200,  My best speed n 3 trips down St John's here in JAX, Fl. is 46mph with full load fuel, 2 adults (350lbs). I have been in 13 inches a water,, and still manuevered, not a great day thou but no damage, made bad turn, but got home safely and inspection was a happy one, used Lots of trim to good water. Got 18 hours.