robalo warranty scam

I purchased a new robalo 305 in 3-2015 and i have had several minor issues with the boat.When I contact the dealer they blamed robalo and robalo warranty is impossible to be contacted(Dan Osborne).This person is impossible to reach and look he does not care about the prestige and reputation of robalo company. I have to paid for all service to fix my boat,even is under warranty.

Is anyone in the same situation and How do you manage it?

I purchased a new 2014 R245 in September and it had several minor issues like a tear in the backrest of the transom seat, cracked stereo remote, and a fiberglass issue on the bow behind the port door and Atlantic Outboard in CT had everything taken care of working with Robalo. New backrest and remote to be replaced when I pull as well as the glass issue. My dealer was the go between with Robalo and no issues so I would chase the dealer around since they sold you a $200,000+ boat. Robalo has the warrantee but your dealer is the face for Robalo especially with a new boat.

I am sorry to heard that... Most of warranty problems with my boat were well care by my dealer, actually it is the dealer responsibility and they do not have to put you on the middle...I had only one issue that I concider was not handle properly and I decide to live with that issue because it was a detail more than an issue.

Since my purchase in February I've only had a few issues. Motor trim failed, dealer replace piston seals. Tear in rear seat, dealer got a new seat from Robolo and replaced it. Leak in center hatch, Dealer ordered the hatch foam, Robalo sent the mat for the center hatch instead of the hatch seal, but the dealer purchased some D foam locally and fixed it. The starboard seat adjusting knob was cracked and the dealer got one from Robalo and replaced it.

No complaints and the dealer has been great in resolving all issues. I haven't had any reason to contact Robabo directly, but I wouldn't expect that I would need to contact Robalo.

Good luck

Sorry to hear about your issue. I assume you purchased from Bob Hewes in Miami. Why not try another dealer, say South Florida Yachts? I purchased from them last October and have had a total of three issues with my R222 in the year that I have had it. They were very responsive with my issues and (Kate) ordered the parts right away and not until they arrived did I bring my boat to them and the repairs were done in less than a day.

Robalo e-mailed and sent a private message to Miami 305 last week. We have a note from him Sunday with some information. Robalo is following up on the issue.

We do care about our customers. We do seek to stand behind our boats and honor our warranty. I am not sure where the break down is in this case. There is not one single claim filed on this boat, either approved or denied. Miami 305 has certainly not had warranty service denied by Robalo at this point.

We will see what happened and see how we can help.

Robalo Web Team

My dealer is Bob Hewes and I hardly believe that they are not taking care....I have been taking my boat there since 2012 and they are great in service and warranty issues. Not to mention that they know our boats and people in Robalo, therefore when it is an issue they know to whom they have to call so that the issues can be take care..

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all replies.Robalo contact me and they took care of all bills that i paid by myself.

Let me clarify about claims made for my boat.I can not make any claim,is the dealer responsibility to do it.I sent all invoices and queries to them and i do not why they did not take care of me /neither sent the claims to robalo.

Bob Hewes contacted as well as soon robalo was involved and looks they are happy to helps with my issues

I am satisfied by the intervention of robalo .

• 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...

We purchased a new 2016 Robalo in 2017, took delivery in 2018. The hull cracked when the dealer was cleaning the bottom off this year. Dealership helping, but Robalo is blaming the trailer manufacturer (?). We just want our money back, who wants a replaced hull on a $250,00 boat with minimal hours on the twin 300s?  Scared of this brand now, though we loved the boat- its not safe to take out on the water, and who is to say the next hull wont crack? They can't say what caused it.  Any one else have this problem?

Also the paint peeled off the motors in the first season. Paid $800 for repainting

• 4 months later...

I purchased a 2017 Robalo from the Robalo dealer in Riviera Beach FL.  The boat has a crack on the bottom of the hull, the dealer tried repairing once, but the problem came back. According with the dealer, Robalo is not answering their emails/ calls.  The crack is caused by airvoid and poor lay up when the boat was manufactured. I decided to take action upon myself and contact Robalo directly. ( Ian Kalinowski ) from Robalo, stated that I don`t have warranty on the boat due to the dealer not making the transfer to my name at the time of purchase. Ian refuses to honor the warranty.  Terrible customer service. Very disappointed by the lack of customer service, I truly believe this is not the way to treat customers. Robalo should stand behind their boats AND customers.

I want the warranty to be reinstated to my name and for Robalo to take the boat back to the factory for repair since the dealer can`t get it fixed. I am afraid taking this boat on the water and I don`t trust the brand anymore. I am hoping for a resolution to this matter and hope Robalo consider reinstating my warranty and fix the boat.