roenstad

Trolling motor for R180

I want to install a bow-mounted trolling motor on the R180 (2015). What's the distance from the top of the bow to the waterline? Is there a good trolling motor that you would recommend for this boat?

I have a 80lbs I-pilot with a 60 in shaft on mine, you don't want to go any shorter.

No, it's mounted on the starboard side of the anchor locker and lays on the starboard gunnel. If I get a chance this weekend I'll get a picture and post it.

Here's my mount, I made it out of 1 inch Starboard. I'm going to trim another 1/2 inch off the front so that it fits under the cover a little better.

post-3194-0-60289000-1443288387_thumb.jp

I know this is an old thread but i have searched and searched for pictures of trolling motors on the r180.  This is the only thread google finds.   I love my R180 but I have got to get a trolling motor. I believe the minn kota 80lb/60” would work from what little i have found but I just don’t know about mounting.  Would certainly be nice for Robalo to officially support something.  When I had a Rinker 24’ bow rider, Randy Rinker would respond personally to inquiries.  It was great customer support.  Any thoughts on this?

..I'm looking into a TM as well on my R180,, having never owned one, will these troll for sometime.3-4 hrs.... or are they just well suited more for Bass folks...seems the Battery weight/etc would be a negative, perhaps in the way when sitting idle too.

I've used my 80 lb. I-pilot for 6-8 hrs a day for 3 days before I needed a charge.