Sign in to follow this  
Biggie

R227 engine sit in water while docked

I have a 2014 R227 which I've had for 5 weeks. The first 2 weeks while docked the engine sat completely out of the water when trimmed all the way up. The last 2-3 weeks the bottom 2-3 inches of the engine sits in the water while trimmed all the way up. Yamaha 250hp. Bilge and bait well are both empty. I do not have any additional weight on the boat besides life vests and a couple blankets which are most upfront.

Does anyone have any idea on what could be causing this? While the 2-3 inches in the water hurt the engine? Currently it is just getting coated with algea etc.

My only guess which i just thought of writing this is Fuel tank. When i got the boat the tank was full. It is currently about 1/3 of a tank. This could only be the case if most of the fuel is held upfront. I will fill it up this weekend to see if that is the cause.

Any other ideas?

Thanks for any help.

Biggie, I know this is an old post, but I have the same problem with my 2 month old R180. Only mine is the opposite; stern heavy which seems to be reducing as I empty the fuel tank. I think the fuel tank has moved. Did you ever solve the problem?

cheers