groupergulper

1993 2120 livewell/baitwell pumps/hose routing?

3 posts in this topic

I have a 1993 robalo 2120. I am trying to figuire out how the livewell was originally plumbed. currently all the hoses seem to be there but no pumps or strainers. There is 2 thru hull fittings with valves on them. 1 in the bottom and 1 on the lowest part of the transom. the livewell has a drain in the bottom. it looks like it had a pump or something mounted next to it there is 2 wires there also. (may not be factory though) there is also a overflow near the top. also there is a thru hull fitting with a hose on it . so im not sure. i have read about a livewell pump with a stainer and a y to the washdown and going to the livewell. and water freeflowing out the top overflow to the other strainer? then i read about a maciator (mispelled) pump to drain it. im confused, not enough ports.

Hi there. I’m new to this forum and also new to boat. I have a same confused with the live well too. I just bought this boat (1993 2120) from Florida. I’m from California so we fish with live sardines and squid so I installing a fiberglass bait tank behind the lean post, I drill a holl on the transom to install a thru hull but I surprised that the transom are hollow. It has one layer of gel coat with fiberglass (1/4 inch thick) and 1/2 empty space and then plywood (1/4inch thick) and hollow again and then fiberglass wall for the inside wall also only 1/4 inch thick. In between the layers I see they stuffed with some kind of paper. I knock it on the other side of the outboard and it sound like hollow too. Do you know anything about this? Please let me know. Thank you very much.