Lee

Plant Tour

Robalo Web Team,

My wife and I have this comming up Friday the 1st off and was wondering if we had the chance could we stop by and take a quick tour of the plant and check out how the boats are made and to see our own boat that is being built. B)

Would we be allowed to do so?

I just wanted to THANK Joe Pegg for setting up this tour on a day that is not a normal tour day for Robalo. The plant manager was awesome for spending the time with us and taking us from start to finish in the process of building a boat. It is truly amazing the amount of labor that goes into building a single boat. He also took the time to show us our own boat and a friends boat so I could take pictures of the progress. All the employees that we met while walking through the plant were nice and friendly.

If you have never been on a plant tour for boat building, take the time and do so. I do not think you would be disappointed.

Thanks Robalo for having us!

Once again, THANKS JOE!!!!

And Thanks To Larry Garrison @ Boat and Motor Superstores in Palm Bay Florida for contacting Joe.

I too just recently took a plant tour. I went with Chad Godwin with Fisher Panda generators. Chad turned me on to Robalo. They supply the generators for the R305, which is what I have on order(suppose to be here Tuesday or Wednsday). B) Although the plant was not expecting, me everyone was courteous and informative. I was able to see my boat. The liner was in and they were running the electrical. The deck was finished and sitting next to it. I was walked through the entire process. Chad knew many of the employees some of whom have been there for some time. It was a great experience. I do reccomend that you schedule an appointment for Monday when they give tours. I apologize for any inconvenience my unannouced visit may have caused.

Was going to post some pictures of boats being built but only partial pics are comming out.

I too just recently took a plant tour. I went with Chad Godwin with Fisher Panda generators. Chad turned me on to Robalo. They supply the generators for the R305, which is what I have on order(suppose to be here Tuesday or Wednsday). B) Although the plant was not expecting, me everyone was courteous and informative. I was able to see my boat. The liner was in and they were running the electrical. The deck was finished and sitting next to it. I was walked through the entire process. Chad knew many of the employees some of whom have been there for some time. It was a great experience. I do reccomend that you schedule an appointment for Monday when they give tours. I apologize for any inconvenience my unannouced visit may have caused.

Captken, They were loading up a semi with what looked to be a 305 friday when we were there. Maybe that was yours heading out. :D

Captken, They were loading up a semi with what looked to be a 305 friday when we were there. Maybe that was yours heading out. B)

I ordered mine without a hard top. If it didn't have a hard top it is probably mine. :D Thanks!

Captken, how are you enjoying that new boat? Was everything good upon delivery?

I hope your are putting some fish on that boat. ;)

post-48-1182283066_thumb.jpgpost-48-1182283040_thumb.jpgpost-48-1182283091_thumb.jpg[atta

chment=3:attachment][attachment

=5:attachment]

Captken, how are you enjoying that new boat? Was everything good upon delivery?

I hope your are putting some fish on that boat. ;)

The boat arrived, but the dealer is still preping her. Finished the electronics today. Waiting to put the Bimini top on. Hopefully by next week. I have to go out of town this weekend any way. Here are some pics.

SWEEEEEET!!!!!! That boat looks good without a top! WOW! ;)

It is missing one thing though.

"The owner in it fishing." B)

Cograts!

SWEEEEEET!!!!!! That boat looks good without a top! WOW! ;)

It is missing one thing though.

"The owner in it fishing." B)

Cograts!

The Bimini top is done. Scheduled to take delivery Friday. I have been waiting for this boat longer than I knew my first wife. Nobody's fault. I will post pics.

The Bimini top is done. Scheduled to take delivery Friday. I have been waiting for this boat longer than I knew my first wife. Nobody's fault. I will post pics.

LOL ;) Looking forward to the pics

Ken, I'm not sure if you know this but anyone who buys a 305 MUST invite all board members down for a weekend fishing trip. Hey, not my rule, but it was set up along with this forum. The good news is that we are all a bunch of nice guys and will respect your new ride. I'm sure Boon will hang around afterwards to help you scrub it up!! Just let us all know when your ready to take us out.....Meanwhile, Lot's of luck and enjoy that beautiful boat!!!!!!! Paul

Hey, count me in! :angry: For a trip on a 305 and Rum on the rocks I'll wax the bottom of that fine vessel. :unsure:

Looks Great!!! You have got to be one happy SOB! :angry: (Someone Owning a Boat) :unsure: Get her rigged and go catch some fish.

Looking good.

Get her broke in before heading to the islands. That just might require a few days testing during the week. We are heading over Labor Day weekend to West End . Just had some marina friends get back from overthere and they told us to bring extra fuel filters as most of the gas boats had to replace a set while there. Also if you can get a filter for your water line to keep the trash out of your holding tank will help too. Not trying to be negitive but our friend go every year and this was there tips to us. :angry:

Looking good.

Get her broke in before heading to the islands. That just might require a few days testing during the week. We are heading over Labor Day weekend to West End . Just had some marina friends get back from overthere and they told us to bring extra fuel filters as most of the gas boats had to replace a set while there. Also if you can get a filter for your water line to keep the trash out of your holding tank will help too. Not trying to be negitive but our friend go every year and this was there tips to us. :lol:

Thanks. :angry: I already had my 20 hr service. I had the fuel in water alarm go off so we are checking on that. But I will ask for some extra filters. I will not be doing much running around, so hopefully I will not have to tank up overthere.

WOW I never have attempted to cross without topping off just incase the weather turns on me on the way home with all the thunder boomers we get . My partner was telling me he read about a funnel that has a filter (changable) you use while filling up. I am going to look into it as it makes sence to filter it before it gets to the tank. Will get back to you if I find anything. :angry:

WOW I never have attempted to cross without topping off just incase the weather turns on me on the way home with all the thunder boomers we get . My partner was telling me he read about a funnel that has a filter (changable) you use while filling up. I am going to look into it as it makes sence to filter it before it gets to the tank. Will get back to you if I find anything. B)

You make a good point. <_< I planned on carrying about 250 gallons. The Tank on the new hull holds a little over 300. I do not plan on cruising . I really do not want to fish with the new regulations. :angry: I am just going to hang out. Lucaya is about 85 km from my dock. I did not want to top of to save on the weight. But I will rethink that. I would be interested in the funnel. I am going to take extra filters. Where do you go in the West End?

I just saw the filter on Ship Shape made by Shurhold I think . Might have to get one. The fuel we got in Old Bahama Bay resort was fine no problems. B)

You make a good point. :unsure: I planned on carrying about 250 gallons. The Tank on the new hull holds a little over 300. I do not plan on cruising . I really do not want to fish with the new regulations. :D I am just going to hang out. Lucaya is about 85 km from my dock. I did not want to top of to save on the weight. But I will rethink that. I would be interested in the funnel. I am going to take extra filters. Where do you go in the West End?