john fort myers

2005 d/c fuel problem

I Have a 2005 227 with a honda o/b 225 hp seem to have a lack of fuel at high rpm over 4500 motor just quits i changed fuel filter/water seperator , clean engine water seperator , and engine fuel filter.still it quits at 4500 rpm runs perfect below 4000 rpm is there a screen or filter in the tank? Any thoughts or tips

I Have a 2005 227 with a honda o/b 225 hp seem to have a lack of fuel at high rpm over 4500 motor just quits i changed fuel filter/water seperator , clean engine water seperator , and engine fuel filter.still it quits at 4500 rpm runs perfect below 4000 rpm is there a screen or filter in the tank? Any thoughts or tips

Hi jfm, when you say your motor quits at 4500rpm do you mean it completly shuts down? If it is starving for fuel due to screen, water, or filter restrictions I would be supprised the motor would shut completly down. I am guessing it should spit and sputter if it were a fuel problem rather than shutting down. There are some guys over at robaloboating.com that are pretty engine savy and should be able to give you some good ideas as to what may be the cause of it shutting down.

I found this older topic, however it appears perfectly to my current situation. I also have 2005 227d/c with a 225 Honda outboard. At high speeds the engine will sometimes sputter. It trolls perfectly. Have replaced the fuel filters. Mechanic changed the O2 sensor (under warranty), it was the only thing the mechanic could find wrong. We checked the fuel, it was fine.

I am curious is anyone else has come across this problem and has a solution? Any help is appreciated...thank you.

Steve

John Mc: Congratulations on your success!

For the benefit of future thread-searchers, what is manufacturer & horsepower of your R227's outboard?

Good luck!