Dealer canceled my order

Looking for a little guidance from this group. I spec’ed out a 2022 R302 and placed the order and $50k deposit in July. Today, the dealer notified me that Robalo can’t say when the boat will be built so he is returning my deposit.  What the heck?  I suspect my dealer is so small that they pull no weight. I didn’t even put a deadline on my expectations for delivery.  Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

I see Coastal Marine Sales in Ms. are taking orders on the 302. Some other models are in stock for 2022. I see Robalo web site say's they are having difficulties and price increases. I picked up A 2018 Robalo R160 from Creekside Marina in De. I have called and talked with the factory customer service and had all my questions answered. I went used with low hours. Everything lately is A crap shoot.  Good Luck 

Sorry for the trouble you’re having getting a boat. You might ask your dealer if they’d treat you like one of their buyers before buying a 302 anywhere else. Most Robalo dealers refuse or delay warranty work on boats sold by another dealer.

Personally, I’d be looking for a different boat to avoid the dealer issue unless you’re going to fix things yourself and the dealer you buy from agrees to send you warranty parts when needed (that’s what I did for my current boat).

good luck.

I called Robalo today and spoke to a customer service rep hopes to have the sales rep who works with my dealership call me.  What I have learned is that the boat I ordered in July, just had a price increase of over $10k.  I suspect the dealership didn't want to have to deal with this problem.  I read on other forums that some dealers are honoring the original quote and some are not.  I would have appreciated an option to discuss.