2021 R200 Trailer Caliper Issues...

Has anyone had issues with freezing Calipers? 1 year old boat, I always wash down and spray with anti corrosive spray after each use and I just had my rear driver side caliper freeze where I had to remove tire and take caliper off at the Resort I was in right when I was retrieving boat after a week stay.  Needless to say, I was pissed. I called my Dealer/Sales Person and he was very attentive and put me with service but all they said is that I needed to remove the caliper so I could be on my way and that they would order another one and install.  Thats fine, but why should a less than a year old caliper cease that way? Thoughts anyone?

• 1 month later...

Hi RonSr1980-  Had this issue on my 2021 R200 trailer yesterday during the tow back home from local ramp.  Luckily it wasn't too far of a drive.  Have you replaced yours yet.  Any advice before I jack my trailer up and start the process?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks.

If anyone cares, my caliper wasn't super tight. It was just tight enough to cause the pads to drag on the rotor while towing boat home and heat up enough to cause a burning break smell. I could still turn the tire by hand, albeit it was tough.  I used able to persuade the pad to back off a fraction by use of a hammer and a piece of wood.  The tire now rotates with the same effort as the others (all brake pads drag a little).