HEY ROBALO -- "ALMOST-OWNERS" NEED ACCURATE, RELIABLE INFORMATION

WHO WANTS MORE INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR PENDING ORDER?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. WHO BELIEVES THE INFO PROVIDED BY ROBALO/DEALER TO RETAIL CUSTOMERS DURING 2021 IS INADEQUATE?

• I THINK THE INFORMATION PROVIDED TO ME BY ROBALO AND/OR MY DEALERSHIP DURING 2021 HAS BEEN ACCURATE AND TIMELY.
    • DURING 2021, I THINK THE INFORMATION PROVIDED TO ME BY ROBALO/DEALERSHIP HAS BEEN INADEQUATE AND/OR MISLEADING AND OR ERRONEOUS.
    • I AM DISSATISFIED WITH THE INFORMATION PROVIDED TO ME BY ROBALO AND/OR MY DEALERSHIP AND CUSTOMERS NEED MUCH MORE ACCURATE AND TIMELY INFORMATION REGARDING PENDING ORDERS/DELIVERIES.

My deposit was paid months ago.  Multiple delivery dates provided to me have past and I am still standing on the pier.  My boat is at the dealership, but the outboard is in the twilight zone.  Robalo blames Yamaha.  The dealer is the last guy in the line and claims to know only what Robalo tells him.  Meanwhile, Robalo retail customers, all of us would-be boaters, wait day-after-day, month-after-month as delivery-dates and revised delivery-dates come and go without receiving our boat/outboard/trailer.

I have waited years to own a Robalo, and I really, really want my new boat, but I am tired of feeling like a mushroom!  Customers are in the dark and receive little information regarding the EXACT STATUS of the rig they ordered.  Multiple topics within this forum display the frustration of would-be Robalo owners.  My dealer knew about the delays with order fulfilment when he took my money, but simply failed to tell me about the significant delays in fulfilling orders.  Instead, I was told my scheduled production date in early May.  Little did I know that this was meaningless.  I was referred to the Robalo website and followed my order through pre-production and production if you can call it that.  My boat was delivered to the dealership without an outboard two months ago.

I want my Robalo, but I also want regularly updated, accurate information regarding the delivery of the long-overdue order.  NOBODY CARES WHAT THE SCHEDULED PRODUCTION DATE IS IF THE BOAT WILL NOT HAVE AN ENGINE UPON COMPLETION.  Robalo retail customers deserve better than this.  The Robalo website is woefully inadequate to keep the customer properly updated.  It only provides information regarding production.  It totally fails to provide a comprehensive picture regarding delayed/revised productions dates and the number of boats sitting at dealerships without outboards, and how long they have been there.

Come on Robalo!  Treat your "almost-customers" with some respect!

If nothing else, just publish a spreadsheet each week showing the status of production, shipped boats, boats without outboards, etc.

I even provided an example for you and attached it to this entry.  I know I would feel much better getting information like this on a weekly basis instead of living in a vacuum and receiving incorrect information regarding my rig.  With my limited computer skills, I assembled this spreadsheet within minutes, so I am relatively certain that a multi-million dollar company like Robalo, which knows the long-term value of treating it's customers fairly could probably produce a far more professional version quite quickly and post it on the Robalo website each week.

IF YOU AGREE WITH ME, PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR COMMENTS!  IF YOU DON'T AGREE, PROVIDE YOUR COMMENTS!

ROBALO WEEKLY SPREADSHEET.xlsx

That spreadsheet looks like a good idea, as I’ve found the robalo site “boat tracker” to be just absolute trash. I would like to see an email or two every once in a while from my dealership as well, especially if the delivery date is going to be missed. The only way I know my production/delivery date keeps getting pushed is by having to constantly email my rep.  I know they are busy and at the mercy of supply chain issues but they took my deposit fast enough and should bear some responsibility to give updated info to their customers; good or bad. 

July 16, 2021    I called two Robalo dealers in separate states today and asked them about their situation getting Robalo boat and Yamaha outboards.  Both dealers claimed to have Robalo boats sitting on the lot WITHOUT AN OUTBOARD, and both dealers stated that they have received incorrect information regarding the delivery of the outboards on multiple occasions.  One dealer told me he has a 2021 Robalo boat and trailer (no Yamaha outboard) and it has been there 4 months!!!!  He is unsure when the Yamaha 250 will arrive.  Wow, my boat minus the Yamaha 150 has been at the dealership for only 2 months.  Should I feel good or bad?  When might these Yamaha outboards arrive???  I can find nobody who knows for a fact!!!  The Robalo website already has 2022 boats displayed and it appears the price increase is approximately 6% depending upon model/options.  If I can get the Yamaha 150 on my boat soon, on paper I will have saved a few thousand dollars.  Good luck to all who are waiting and waiting for an outboard.  Robalo still needs to improve their communication process though and ensure that outboards are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.  Maybe I will call Yamaha USA headquarters and see what I can find out.

R247DC with Yamaha 300 is "almost" my  boat!!!

My completion date was scheduled for 5/19; but was waiting on windshield and engine.

Boat arrived at dealership around June 29; of course with no engine.  Was told the engine was shipping out July 2nd from Seattle  and should take 8-10 days.

Was just told the engine should arrive Tuesday July 20th; 18 days later.    I have been patient but certainly has been difficult.  I could have purchased a R242CC off the floor back in April but put down a deposit on the R247DC as it was supposed to be at dealer the first week of June.   I am sure I will like the R247DC but have missed half the season where I live and a lot of activities.

I understand there are issues all around with supply of this and delivery of that, but, it would have been easier to swallow with better communication.  I feel like a pest every time I reach out for an update; I should not have to feel that way when I am purchasing a $120,000 boat.  Then when I do reach out, the information always changing.

I am very excited as I am hoping to receive my boat next week.  I will keep you updated when I receive   

July 19, 2021     Received text message from dealership sales rep that stated they received the MSO (Manufacturers Statement of Origin) for my Yamaha 150.  This typically indicates that the outboard should arrive within the next day or two.  I am hopeful that this prolonged, months-long process will be completed within the next 7 calendar days.  I will post updates to this forum as they occur.  Signed my Purchase Agreement on March 27, 2021 and the original expected completion date/delivery date was first week of May.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Shoreline:  After much debate about whether to take a chance & order a boat due to the delays universally, we chose to do so 3 weeks ago with the intent of purchasing a R180. Our dealer here in NY advised us not to order that model as the production plant for R180s was shut down a few months ago. You can still order them but there is no guarantee when the plant will re-open.  He said due to lack of staffing by almost 50%, Robalo is focusing more on the production of larger, more popular models. This is also in part why they no longer offer the R160.  That plant is closed permanently & the model removed from the Robalo line.

Hoping the temporary shut down is not part of your delay & that they've been honest with you. 

Thank you for the info River Rat. That is news to me. Signed my purchase agreement on March 27th and was told 3rd week of July. Obviously, that date was missed. Robalo had emailed me back stating my boat would be prepped for shipping around august 17th. That date was missed but around august 20/21th, the status of my boat on Robalo’s “boat tracker” had changed from “in production” to “shipping and delivery.”  Of course, Yamaha is way behind. Best guess is they are months behind. I’m hoping on good faith that Robalo and the dealership are being truthful to me. I will update as I get more information. 

• 4 months later...