Pre-production for 6 weeks

Tracking my boat build, it has been in pre-production for 6 weeks. Robalo gave my dealer a build slot with dates to start and deliver, NOT even close.

Paying for a boat slip with NO boat maybe for the entire season. Cant get an update other than the useless BOAT TRACKER on the Robalo site.

When will Robalo get back on schedule??? 

Please read entries for WHERE IS MY BOAT topic. This has been a significant issue for several months.  We are all members of this same club…My boat was supposed to be delivered on/about May 3rd but as of June 20, 2021, no firm date for delivery has been provided. Robalo is struggling with production challenges AND Yamaha shortages. 

Why does Robalo take your order and assign a production date if they know they cannot meet the date.

Robalo / dealer had no issue taking my check to secure the production slot. By the time i take delivery on the boat it will be a model year old. 

You can call customer service at the Robalo factory in Nashville, GA. Have the hull number of your boat handy when you call. When I called them and inquired about the delays, a factory rep called me within 2 hours with additional information.  The rep was able to provide detail to me that I appreciated.  Robalo.com is simple, one-way communication that is better than nothing, but leaves a lot to be desired as we all go through these supply chain issues. 

• 3 weeks later...

Pat --  It has been a month since last post.  What is the current status of your boat?  I put down significant deposit on March 27 and was told by dealership that boat should arrive first week of May...It is now July 14 and I am still paying for an empty boat slip!!!  Dealer claims they know nothing except what Robalo provides to them.  Robalo claims they can only provide information from Yamaha and for the past few months, the information from Yamaha has been unreliable and erroneous.  Most recent information from Robalo to me was that my outboard should arrive at dealership in Orlando by July 16.  I can only hope but I have heard this before and the delivery dates past without Yamaha 150 arriving.  I am told that my boat and trailer have been at dealership since mid-May.

July 19, 2021     Received text message from dealership sales rep that stated they received the MSO (Manufacturers Statement of Origin) for my Yamaha 150.  This typically indicates that the outboard should arrive within the next day or two.  I am hopeful that this prolonged, months-long process will be completed within the next 7 calendar days.  I will post updates to this forum as they occur.  Signed my Purchase Agreement on March 27, 2021 and the original expected completion date/delivery date was first week of May.

July 21, 2021.  My Yamaha 150 has arrived and being installed on my R202 Explorer. Complete rig should be available for delivery by July 22.  When I paid my deposit in late March, 2021, my boat had been ordered months earlier by the dealer. The original production date was scheduled for May 3.  Boat minus engine arrived at dealership in mid-May. Per Robalo and the dealer, Yamaha shipping issues are to blame. It appears to me that anybody who places an order should be prepared to wait several months for delivery.