Has anyone used weld screws/imperial studs in metal epectrical box?

The electrical box on my 2021 R200 is metal. I have run power and the antenna cable into the box via the starboard side box hole. I do not want to drill holes in the box to mount the VHF mount and am thinking of using weld screws. Secure screws/bolt to VHF mount, then apply adhesive and place on bottom of box in final position. The question is, has anyone used these and well they withstand the vibration and rocking/bouncing of the boat.

Weld st125-1420-228x228.jpg

I ordered the parts I need and well let you all know how it goes. The adhesive says "an acrylic structural adhesive for high shock/vibration applications. CB420-50E is recommended for most marine and offshore applications. "  So that should work well. Well also use it to secure the buss box I installed up there.

'

• 2 weeks later...

OK, got it all done. Took longer than expected because I did not order the applicator tip and gun the first time.

So I have a 2021 R200 with a metal electrical box over the console. I did not want to drill holes in it to mount the VHF and looked for alternatives and found Click Bond bolts. The box is not very tall and if I mounted it on the underside of the top, I did not get the angle of sight I wanted, so I mounted it on the bottom of the inside.

First I trimmed the glued mat on the bottom and marked off where I wanted the placement of the VHF mount. I then took the Click Bond bolts that have the largest washer type bottom, had to use a 1/4 drill to widen the VHF bolts holes, this also helped with bolt placement. I wanted them across from each other for a flat even fit. Installed them, marked where they over lapped and ground off excess until they fit evenly. Once I had that, I used a small washer so the nut didn't fall into the slot and then nylon washers.

545236845_RIMG2334-Copy.JPG.dbea0104167a9202ce1529e60bace8bd.JPG

I numbered them so when I removed them they went back to the same spot and mate.

I rechecked the mount placement in the box and drew an outline so I knew where it went and where to sand of powder coating for a metal to metal seat.

I rechecked the mount placement in the box and drew an outline so I knew where it went and where to sand of powder coating for a metal to metal seat. Sanding was tough, needed more than held held but got it done. Followed the directions from the Click Bond site, watched the videos and applied the adhesive, placed the mount, with radio on the mount for weight and let it dry.

The fit is rock solid and time well tell if it holds for life.

RIMG2375.JPG.63e9483f095a35891764c08a296c5bff.JPG

Here's a list of what I got from ElectricalHub.com

Click Bond®

CB100-81 Adhesive Dispenser, Manual, 8:1 / 10:1 Ratio Slide, use with CB200-40 & CB420-50E

Click Bond®

CB106 Mixing Tips, 6" Long

Click Bond®

CB420-50E Acrylic Structural Adhesive, 10:1 Ratio, 35ml Cartridge, ABS Approved, REACH Compliant

Click Bond®

CB911 Solvent Wipe, Paper Wiping Towel